Updated on Orangefatcats husband Marco

by orangefatcat 22 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Hi again, sorry I haven't been able to get to the computer for days now as I am so tired when I get home from the hospital. Yesterday I was just so out of things I had to take a break mentally and emotionally.

It is terrible seeing Marco everyday being sick and deteriating. On Sunday after church I went to the hospital and just got there in time to speak to the cadiologist. He and the headnurse, wanted to discuss with me Marco's feelings on life support systems as he is not capable of making it known to the doctors his wishes as his mental state has become worse, and the doctors are now all aware that his confusion has been getting worse, I could have told them that and I did in fact but I gather they had to see that for themselves. Anyway back to the conversation the doctor told me that Marco is in critical condition and is only going to get worse of the next short while. So doctor leaves the room and headnurse tells me they see little hope for Marco and that is why they needed to know about being kept alive on life supports system and I told her no way he wants to go out of this world on his own not being kept alive on any supports and then I called my step daughter when I got home and said what the nurse and doctor had told me and she said no way pops wants to leave this earth naturally without supports of anykind. So now that that was settled. I did nothing but cry all the way home.

Seeing how I didn't go to the hospital yesterday I called and spoke with the his nurse and she said he was having alot of confusion and very tired. He hasn't eaten a thing in all the time he has been in, all he does is sleep and has terrible dreams and so the nurse was going to check with the doctor if any of the drugs could be causing him hallucanations. On Monday morning he apparently was having a nightmare about the bed being on fire and somehow he reached over to his urinal and poured it on himslf and all the bed. I was so upset to hear this .

The doctor also told me that Marco will die but when he isn't to sure as he is so weak and sleeps most of the time and never walks so things are quite grim at this moment.

Yesterday the nurse told me that they were expecting to doctors to see him with respects his kidneys. As they are getting worse. and that with his weakened state, not eating not drinking (I always try and get him to drink ensure a supplement for a meal) and he has had a few of them but not enough.

So anyway after church today I will go to see him and see the news from the doctors who saw him yesterday.

I will keep you up to date as I can.

Thanks for all your postive thoughts and prayers. I do so appreciate it very much.

love ya all

Orangefatcat.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Wish I could give you a hug Terry- it sounds worse than grim to see your darling hubby get so ill and confused. We are thinking of you.

• Scully
    Scully

OFC

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I wish you and Marco didn't have to go through this.

Love & Hugs,

Scully

• acsot
    acsot

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about this . I haven't been around too much here lately and I had no idea Marco was in such a bad way. ((((orangefatcat)))

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Terry & Marco)))

Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((((((((Marco and OFC))))))))))))))))))))

I wish you weren't going through this!!

nj

• DJK
    DJK

Very sorry to hear what you both are going thru.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

We are very sorry.

• rebel8
    rebel8

That must have been so hard for you, but you will always know that you respected his wishes.

((Marco))
    ((OFC))

• juni
    juni

I'm so sorry to hear about the emotional pain you are going through.

(((OFG and Marco)))

Hugs, Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit