Updated on Orangefatcats husband Marco

by orangefatcat 22 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

I'm so sorry OFC....I am keeping you and Marco in my thoughts and prayers.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My heart breaks for both of you

You will be in my thoughts

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

You are not going to believe this about Marco but today I was informed that Marco's kidney condition is back to functioning normal.

However as for the heart vavle and the blockages to his heart are still dangerous and could lead to a fatal heart attack, All the doctors have concured and say that Marco can't have the operation as it will destroy more of his brain cells and seeing how he was acting so bizzare at the hospital it was felt by all that proceeding with the operation will lead to full dementia and so they feel it is not wise to do it. They had to decide even though they know it will not be good for Marco.
    Even though Marco is much better now that his kidneys are better but the hospital couldnt find close to home convalesant care or respite in the area. so the social case worker who has been involved with our situation has arranged for CCAC to come to our place and do an assessment as to Marco and mine needs in our home. I still feel this is a bad move but I can't do anything about it. So barring any catastrophe this weekend he is slated to come home on Monday.
    I have to tell you I am scared to death because I am afraid if he goes into cardiac arrest which of course is highly possible considering his major heart valve I just know I will be devasted if something happens as when Marco had the heart attack on May 14th I had an extremely bad asthmatic attack and the EMTs were going to call an ambulance for me. But I got through that but should something happen I just know I will have another attack my self and that is what is so scary for me.

I am already so upset that they the doctors are letting him out of the hospital knowing how dangerous his condition is, But I can't do anything about it.

I just want to thank all of you for your thoughts prayers and hugs.

I truly appreciate all the support that many of you offer by means of prayers and good thoughts vibes and words can't express my gratitude.

all my love

Orangefatcat.

• juni
    juni

(((OFC and Marco)))

That is good news about the kidneys, but I can appreciate your concern about home care.

I know that hospitals want patients out of there quickly (due to insurance). Perhaps it will be only a very temporary situation until there is a place for him in a care facility? I hope that is the case.

I send my love and wish you peace. Please keep us updated as you have a lot on your plate to handle.

Juni

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((OFC & Marco)))

Do you have any friends/relatives/neighbours who can drop in regularly to check things are ok and maybe stay with you for a few hours - are there any charities over there which can help to provide care?

Have you explained your own health situation to the case worker, maybe they can sort something out?

I'm sorry if what I'm about to say comes across a bit harsh but I'm worried about you - Please try not to pre-empt that you WILL have another asthma attack if anything happens to Marco whilst he's at home, this only serves to stress you out before it even happens and actually increases the chance of it happening! Also Marco will probably pick up that you're stressed and that will stress him too, so it's not good for either of you. It's difficult but try to relax and enjoy this precious time you have together.

Take care,

Love, prayers and peace to you both

emo

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((((Terry & Marco))))))))))

Our thoughts are with you. I'm at a loss but I do want to send you all the strength you need during this difficult time.

*where's my damn magic wand*

Oh here it is Terry, it's yours to use as needed!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Yesterday Marco arrived home, in terrible shape, I worried the whole night as he was not able to breathe and was sitting up and then laying down and I was so worried I was tempted to call the ambulance again, He did finially fall asleep for a few hours this afternoon.

We had the personal care nurse in and then the medication nurse, we discussed at length Marco's health issues and she could see that I am in no condtion to tend to Marco or my needs. Today was a rough day. But now that I know the nurse will be speaking to here supervisors regarding a nursing home, that made me feel a little more optimistic that someone has finally acknowledged Marco's needs. I am now hopeful.

He is the love of my life and I know this is going to be so difficult but it maybe possible for him to get in the nursing home up the street where we were suppose to get our two bedroom apartment. I can take a one bedroom and he can live in the nursing home and we can see each other every day. So I hope this will indeed be possible.

So for now I will be trying to become more familiar with Marco's heart medications, which by the way are several and the nurse that is coming tomorrow willl assist my in getting the meds organized in a fashion that will be easier for myself, the nurse that was here tonight sees for herself that teaching Marco his med times and the importance of them is impossible as he is not with it. mentally. A special nurse who is also a chaplin will spend more time with marco getting to know him and I hope he will be willing to speak with her. He is such a private person when it comes to himself it is liking trying to pull teeth, but I am hopeful she may be able to reach deeper inside marco and understand more about the dementia/alzhiemers.

So once again to all of you I thank you kindly for your great kindness and good wishes and cards.

with much love

Orangefatcat........

• Mary
    Mary

Well I'm glad that they (seemingly) realize that it was a DUMB move on their part to send him home when he was in such bad shape. . I really hope you can get him into the Nursing Home. If you got an apartment there too, that would relieve a lot of stress for you. It was nice talking to you the other week too......Here's hoping everything goes well for you both.....I wish I could do more.

• Dino
    Dino

So sorry to hear about your husband's condition OFC. Our thoughts are with you. Dino

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Dear Kitty, i feel for you and think of you two all the time, I know how things are tuff for you, I have been around Marco, and know what he can be like, I just want you to know i love you and think of the two of you all the time. It has been along time since I have been here on the board, but somehow feels good to chat with you again. You take care of yourself, and try to rest as much as possible, love ya lots your best friend BIG FLOPPY DOG.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit