No, it's not funny. It's reality....wonder why

by watson 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• watson
    watson

Makin' the friend's email rounds, enjoy! Funny How... Not so funny! Funny how we call Jehovah our Father and Jesus our Friend, but find it hard to introduce them to our family & friends.

Funny how much difficulty some have learning God's word well enough to tell others, but how simple it is to understand and explain the latest gossip about someone else.

Funny how a $20.00 bill looks so big when you take it to the contribution box, but so small when you take it to the mall.

Funny how big an hour serving God looks and how small 60 minutes are when spent watching television, playing sports, sleeping or taking a lunch break.

Funny how long a couple of hours spent at the kingdom hall is, but how short they are when watching a good movie.

Funny how we get thrilled when a football game goes into overtime, but we complain when a public talk is longer than the regular time.

Funny how laborious it is to read a chapter in the Bible and how easy it is to read 200-300 pages of a best selling novel.

Funny how people scramble to get a front seat at a concert, but scramble to get a back seat at the kingdom hall.

Funny how we cannot fit a meeting into our schedule with our yearly planner but we can schedule for other events at a moment's notice.

Funny how we are rarely late to work, but always late to the meeting.

Funny how we are so quick to take directions from a total stranger when we are lost, but are hesitant to take God's Direction for our lives.

Funny how people want God to answer their prayers, but refuse to listen to His Counsel.

Or wait...maybe all this isn't so "funny" after all...

• Satanus
    Satanus

So true. Could it be because, subconsciously, people know it's not real?

S

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

Its stuff like this that always made me feel guilty. I could never do enough, or be who they wanted me to be...which made me feel worthless.

• watson
    watson

That's what I was thinking, Kangaroo!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Freakin' cult!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's actually pretty good anti-JW propaganda. Most people will read it and feel guilt, but some people will read it and think "You're right. I so don't want to be here. What the hell am I sticking with this for?"

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

It's funny how God offers salvation as a free gift but people think they have to work for it.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

God no wonder I always felt weighed down with a ton of bricks! They take the fun out of everything! Guilt guilt guilt!!

BB

• unique1
    unique1

WOW no guilt trip there.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Its funny that JWs will universally accept the truth of those statements, even to themselves, but then turn around and claim how they love to be at the meetings and feel refreshed and can't wait for the convention, etc, etc... They attribute it to the so called fact that there must be something wrong with their mindset rather than it being something with the structure of the meetings/org. Oh, God, NO, nothing can be wrong with the organization. \|/ -( )- /|\

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit