For all you tree hugers out there.

by whereami 23 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

I you have some time, this is a very interesting video. Reminds me of the way the WTS likes to scare everyone, the sky if falling, the sky is falling!!!!! Enjoy. Let us know what you think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2332531355859226455&q=great+global+warming+swindle

• 5go
    5go

Nah! I'll pass.

• 5go
    5go

Besides the war on terroism is the thing that reminds me most of watchtower scare tatics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Operation Northwoods, or Northwoods, was a 1962 plan by the US Department of Defense to cause acts of terrorism and violence on US soil or against US interests, blamed on Cuba, in order to generate U.S. public support for military action against the Cuban government of Fidel Castro. As part of the U.S. government's Operation Mongoose anti-Castro initiative, the plan, which was not implemented, called for various false flag actions, including simulated or real state-sponsored acts of terrorism (such as hijacked planes) on U.S. and Cuban soil. The plan was proposed by senior U.S. Department of Defense leaders, including the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Lyman Louis Lemnitzer.

• whereami
    whereami

That's funny, that's what a JW friend told me when i tried to show him this. He said that this contradicts what the "society says" about the days were living in. Go figure. Some people just don't like to hear the troof.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

You know what else reminds of WTS tactics? Using loaded words such as "tree huggers" to vilify and ridicule people that have different view points from your own. Nice job, goat.

• whereami
    whereami

Come on know, relax. Didn't mean any harm by it. Don't get your panties up in a twist. As a matter of fact i planted two trees in my back yard this year, see.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

No, I think Whereami has a valid point.

Whatever the 'truth' of climate change, it HAS become a political hot-button issue.

The science of it, that causal issues, the debate is not over, yet one those who question are routinely vilified with much stronger terms than the fairly harmless term 'tree hugger.'

Come on people, grow a sense of humor and get over it! My side is often called 'nazi,' 'fascist' and worse!

The 'politically correct' speech codes that silence in the name of professional and perpetual offendedness are far more fascist in nature and do nothing in the service of truth, they only stifle discussion.

Alarmism IS being used, dissension IS being stifled, and skeptics ARE being demonized, and the 'truth' of the matter IS very much in dispute.

I have even heard calls for the credentials of any scientist who fails to agree or at least shut up and pretend to agree with global warming to be stripped from them.

It does smack of disfellowshipping to me.

All in all, very WTS like.

Good call Whereami.

Roller

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

The 'politically correct' speech codes that silence in the name of professional and perpetual offendedness are far more fascist in nature and do nothing in the service of truth, they only stifle discussion.

excellentness, Dave, I love trees and water and wildlife and all that, but I loathe feigned outrage I see in every politician who feels he needs to get on the bandwagon of every hot button issue and agree agree agree, never offend anyone, appease every one, cover and agree with every point of view. "Perpetual offendedness" love it. We can be such sissies in developed countries. I'm outraged! Don't make a point I could disagree with! Dont' stand for something, because somebody else might have a different point of view and it could *gasp and faint* cause CONTENTION!!!! Oh please, save me from debate and controversy, save me from believing in something contrary to a zeitgeist, save me from every putting my hand out where it might get slapped. I need my valium, I need to ride the wave of everyone elses opinion.
    I will mangle and destroy any opposing viewpoints, it might tear a hole in my perfectly knit ideologies that I've knicked off some poll in the NY Times.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Is there another place I can listen to this? I have picture but no sound probably because my Windows Media player is not working.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My 2cents. Follow the money trail who is profiting from promoting the issue? Everyone is working an angle. Thats what peoples do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit