ANYONE CARE TO SHARE DIGITAL PHOTOS OF ANYTHING?

by juni 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

loved the close-ups; the baby too richie.

What kind of digital camera do both of you, Juni and Leolaia, use?

I have a Canon EOS 3000. It's about 8 yr old and I hardly use it anymore. Last fall I bought a Sony Cyber-shot. I love it but I wish I had spent more money and bought an even better one, especially for close-ups. The one I'm considering is the Canon Rebel XTi. It's pricey though at around $1,100. This includes the lens. I don't know if the lens of my Canon would fit the Rebel. I would save about $150.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I have a Canon EOS 3000. It's about 8 yr old and I hardly use it anymore. Last fall I bought a Sony Cyber-shot. I love it but I wish I had spent more money and bought an even better one, especially for close-ups. The one I'm considering is the Canon Rebel XTi. It's pricey though at around $1,100. This includes the lens. I don't know if the lens of my Canon would fit the Rebel. I would save about $150.

Although the digital rebel uses the EFS lens system, the EOS lenses still fit, and actually give a bit more magnification power.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Thanks Richie.

My avatar is a tulip from my garden, taken from the top. My camera is limited. I would love to take really close up pictures.

How did you post those pictures?

• The Humper
    The Humper

they do this everywhere here in S. Korea, no matter where you are you are going to see someone drive thier scooter/moped or motorcycle on the sidewalk. its crazy! ive almost been run over like 5 times now.

alt

all the street poles have these spikes on them. my guess is its to keep people from tapeing and stapleing up posters.

alt

Dont we all!

alt

and a street sign that youll see nowhere else but in Korea.

alt

and thats just a few! i have so many more pictures of just stuff.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Last March I took a picture of the dumb king hall in Haifa, Israel with all its windows bricked up, but don't know how to get it from Iphoto into a posting.... carmel

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30. I got this camera because it has SLR-like capabilities with the versatility of a compact....it has a fixed 12x optical zoom lens (which can be extended to 19x optical zoom at lower file sizes), equivalent to 35 to 420mm, so I don't have to carry around multiple lenses. And cause it's fixed, I don't have to wait for the lens to retract when I turn it on...I just flip it on and its ready to go. Downside is that it is somewhat noisy, so I leave it at 100 ISO ... and never even think of changing it, tho I sometimes should in low light situations.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Pictures I took last week on my Memorial Day picnic:

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The Humper....That reminds me of this sign I saw in Japan, which looked like an official sign of some sort, but which made no sense:

• gumby
    gumby

Leolaia, I can see my house from the porch of your place

Nice pics you took there missy

I'll have to get some of Redding when the skies clear and of some of the caterpillars at my place.

Gumby

• Clam
    Clam

Hi Juni

This is my local coastal path. The distant buildings are redundant tin mines. As you can see I was walking my dogs whilst taking the piccie.

Location - Chapel Porth, Cornwall.

Clam

Leolaia - loved the sign - is this Japanese sarcasm, lol ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit