Martain, I would like a Bible Study

by mavie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

Please? I propose an online Bible Study. No reporting time.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

OK, I give. Whos Martain,

Is he from Mars?

Oh yes and what part of New Jersey are you from?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Martian is a new poster who popped up yesterday.

A quick scan of his posts will suggest that he is a current Witness.

One has to wonder if he will respond to the replies of the posts that he has made.

I personally hope that he does. He ended a post to a thread that I was "in" by saying "agape".

Sounds sincere enough.

Hope he doesn't feel too atacked with our responses to his zeal.

The idea of an online study is excellent.

• theMartian
    theMartian

Serious? I was beginning to believe noone on this Board WAS!...?

MFM

• theMartian
    theMartian

It's impossible to offend me, Alpha- but easy to get me heated when scripture is abused! A free-for-all Bible Study online would be GREAT! The BIG question is HOW- and HOW to avoid all the Non-Serious?

It's hard to keep track of all these postings, so if I miis replying to you, e-me at: [email protected] , please!

MFM

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

It's impossible to offend me, Alpha- but easy to get me heated when scripture is abused! A free-for-all Bible Study online would be GREAT! The BIG question is HOW- and HOW to avoid all the Non-Serious?

It's hard to keep track of all these postings, so if I miis replying to you, e-me at: [email protected] , please!

MFM

Keeping track is easier if you click on the link at the top marked "active topics". You can always click on your name at the top left of the screen, then click on "post history" - that way you can see if people have replied you any threads that you are actively involved in. BIBLE STUDY - Do it online... here... People here are serious about this subject, but they also know when to "switch it off" and relax and have a joke with each other. Sometimes it gets a bit confusing as it is hard to convey sarcasm or humour when typing brief replies. You will find some excellent scholars on here, some well versed in Hebrew and Greek, some with a fantastic knowledge of Watchtower History, some with an intimate knowledge of the workings of WatchtowerLand (from first hand experience) etc etc. We are all truthseekers here in one way or another. Right that's the JWD advert over with... TOPICS... How about we pick something with room to manoeuvre on both sides. Do you have any subjects that you are uncertain of or areas that you want to discuss?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

jaguarbass asks: OK, I give. Whos Martain, Is he from Mars?

theMartian: IP: UJn0Dxxutxjke4lX

Mad: IP: UJn0Dxxutxjke4lX

~Sue

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Ah !

Maybe that is why I am just a "Junior Member" ?

Is "Mad" known to the forum then ?

• theMartian
    theMartian

Thanks for the Tip, Alpha!

I'm just a long-time JW, who freely admits the faults of my Brotherhood. NOT a Watchtower Slave- just an associate who loves the Brotherhood, and what I feel is REALLY the Truth.

New Topic: Does God REALLY Exist?

Agape,

Mad

(We'll see if ridiculers don't mess it up!)

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

AlphaOmega, if it's who it appears to be (and I cannot be certain, just pointing out the IP similarity), Simon suspended him.

Maybe the suspension has ended. Maybe Mad/Martian has so much *agape* for us that he just had to start a new account?

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit