Martain, I would like a Bible Study

by mavie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Alpha- was Jesus showing Agape, when he called the Lying Clergy of his day (Pharasees) "Whitewashed Graves full of Vile Things"? When one lies and slanders God Himself, a True Christian WILL have Agape- caring for them as a fellow human being, and hoping they will change- but will HATE the evil things that person will do and say.

You have just answered your own question. Cliche but "Hate the sin, love the sinner".

I believe that he was showing agape. I believe that he was the embodiment of agape.

Who knows if any of them changed their ways?

Even the soldier at the cross became a believer as the sky darkened.

• theMartian
    theMartian

Well, then we agree! I believe Christ showed the Ultimate Agape when he described them so- because of his deep love for his God & Father. It's as Ezekiel 3 & 33 states: "I take pleasure, not in the DEATH of the wicked- but when they turn back from their ways!

I'm on many such boards as this- but only CARM, and 'Paradise' Cafe kick people off when anything they don't LIKE gets brought up! Ther are some really cool people here- too bad the Moderators kill any peaceful discussions...

alt [email protected]

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

We agree on the definition and examples of "agape", but the thing that had me perplexed was when you wrote :

Agape to those of Faith,

Surely "agape" is "to all" ?

• Quandry
    Quandry

and what I feel is REALLY the Truth.

Do I take this to mean that if you do not feel a doctrine of the WTS is REALLY the truth that you discount it? Or does loyalty to the organization cause you to force yourself to believe it? For example, one day all were to believe that this generation WOULD BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY UNTIL THOSE WHO WERE ALIVE IN 1914 SAW THE START OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION. The next day, with the publication of a WT, everyone who read the words about generation instantly no longer believed this. How did you feel about this?

I am serious here. I am not df'd but was terribly dissilutioned by this change. I had read the certainty of the former belief for thirty years in the pages of the WT and AWAKE.

Do you go by what you feel? How does that work for you?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    For example, one day all were to believe that this generation WOULD BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY UNTIL THOSE WHO WERE ALIVE IN 1914 SAW THE START OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION. The next day, with the publication of a WT, everyone who read the words about generation instantly no longer believed this. How did you feel about this?

This is strange, I read that in 1995 they did away with the "generation" teaching, yet their website still says this, over 12 years later !

Thus, all the features of the last days must take place within the lifetime of one generation, the generation of 1914. So some people who were alive in 1914 will still be alive when this system comes to its end. That generation of people is now very advanced in years, indicating that there is not much time left before God brings this present system of things to an end.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/pr/article_07.htm

What

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    For example, one day all were to believe that this generation WOULD BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY UNTIL THOSE WHO WERE ALIVE IN 1914 SAW THE START OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION. The next day, with the publication of a WT, everyone who read the words about generation instantly no longer believed this. How did you feel about this?

This is strange, I read that in 1995 they did away with the "generation" teaching, yet their website still says this, over 12 years later !

Thus, all the features of the last days must take place within the lifetime of one generation, the generation of 1914. So some people who were alive in 1914 will still be alive when this system comes to its end. That generation of people is now very advanced in years, indicating that there is not much time left before God brings this present system of things to an end.

What is

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I hope I get to hear the excuses when you stand before Christ! Maybe even HE will laugh, then!

Stand before Christ? You must be talking to the 144,000, not the Great Crowd, right?

Warlock

• Paralipomenon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit