Why are congregations dissolved?

by mtsgrad 27 Replies latest jw friends

• kifoy
    kifoy

Yes, I've heard of a cong. that was dissolved.
    I think it was because too many of the BOE were DF'd at the same time during a CO's visit.
    The members where divided between some of the other congs in the city.

I heard a rumour once. I don't know if these two incidents are connected, though.

Some MS/elders decided to have som fun with the CO who was coming to the cong.
    So they arranged for a huge, full figure, natural sized, image of the CO to be printed, and put it on a wall inside the KH.

The CO apparently did not see the fun part of it at all...

kifoy

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Do you realize that faders could all move to one area, overwhelm a congregation, and take it over?

The idea of that makes me smile.

• ninja
    ninja

the ALKA SELTZER congregation round here was dissolved last week ....

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

What a relief, I hear the atmosphere there was quite acidic.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I hear in the UK in leafy South West London , that the Putney and Kingston congs have been dissolved from separate congs into a new Richmond Park, wonder if any one can confirm, I believe this has happened within the last couple of years.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning
    In approximately 2002, a congregation in Winnipeg, Manitoba was dissolved and most (if not all) elders were deleted. The congregation members were amalgamated with a couple of other congregations and given strict instructions not to discuss the details with anyone. Just today, I finally found out what happened: One of the elders doing the accounting for the congregation came across several discrepancies when it came to the CO's monies. After some investigation he realized that this individual had been scamming the organization. He spoke upĀ about the issue and the next thing you know, the congregation was dissolved and the elders that knew what had taken place were stripped of their positions. Apparently this CO is known by his extended family to be a 'scammer'. He was never dealt with and is listed as serving on the body of elders with the Oak Bay Congregation in Victoria, BC. His last name sort of rhymes with 'lawnmower'...
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

We had one "dissolved" in our Circuit, basically because it had always been under the rigid control of just one family, the Elders and their wives, all related.

They were a bunch of Nazis, so the religion never grew in a Town that had great potential. Two or three neighbouring Congo's took in the Bros and Sisters, mainly Sisters, and to this day, about 25 years later there is still no Congo. in that Town, I guess asking new people to travel to the next Town does not go down well with potential recruits.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I have it on very good authority that 9 or 10 congregations in the Peace Country area of northern Alberta have been dissolved/consolidated in just the past decade or so.

As for why, sometimes the simplest explanation is also the likeliest one...

...there are fewer and fewer active JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit