Well, here comes a judicial committee

by drew sagan 61 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have been called to at least 3 jcs and no action was ever taken on me. I never apologized for anything nor did I say anything resembling repentance. I just pointed out that the things I did "wrong" were too minor, Jehoopla wouldn't strain out the gnat.

What I did "wrong" was (1) wearing a skirt with a hem above the knee, (2) not attending meetings (3) getting drunk. I would say joining the Y is a lesser "offense" than even those.

The judges at the witch trials went in there intent upon finding "wrongdoing" and seemed very ready to pin anything on me. I was accused of fornication, smoking, you name it. I said I hadn't done any of those things and refused to discuss it further.

I hope this works out for you, whatever outcome you seek from the banana republicans. :)

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there Drew,

You might want to think about obtaining a micro-cassette recorder for your meeting. If they lie through their teeth about you not conceding anything, you'll be able to (very discreetly) let your inlaws hear the meeting. Just remember, that the recording is illegal if it ever shows up anywhere. I would only use the it for your own "personal" use.

Open Mind

• johndmartin2007yahoo
    johndmartin2007yahoo

The "good" guy elder is the one playing the role of good cop in the old Good Cop-Bad Cop ruse. At least one acts nice (the carrot) while the other/s act not nice (the stick). This way they move you along.

They are a Judicial Committee and you will be disfellowshipped, so do this. Get all the addresses you can of all the JWs you can and when it happens email them a photocopied letter about what happened including about the Watchtower Society having to pay out settlement moneys to abuse victims etc. Down a little ways on this link are names of towns reported as alleged (and in some cases known) to have JW pedophiles; list them too for your own state. http://silentlambs.org/sllist.htm

As soon as those Elders hear they have declared you to no longer be a JW, put the letters in the mail. They will wish the daylights they hadn't messed with you. In the letter at the end encourage other JWs to also mail along copies of your letter to still other JWs they know. This will cause a chain reaction. Suggest that if any of them also quit or get axed that they can do the same about emailing the truth.

Or, simply be DF'd then quietly begin emailing about the silentlambs pedophile issue and anything else you like. Believe me, they do read the stuff when it comes in their own mailboxes.

• johndmartin2007yahoo
    johndmartin2007yahoo

Uht-oh, here's the link with the names of towns: http://silentlambs.org/sllist.htm

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

A small recording device is on my list of things to do tonight! (as well as getting a new barf bag)

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Drew, don't believe one word concerning what they won't do to you. They promised my son and I that they only wanted to help us. Then the axe fell at the meeting. Be very careful about what you say even to the one elder who claims that he will help you. He has no control over the other two elders who will be going by the book.

Blueblades

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    He has no control over the other two elders who will be going by the book.

Exactly! But he has convinced my in laws that a positive outcome is possible. Just like you felt betrayed, so will both of my in laws and possibly this elder who in good faith believes that these elders will play fair.

• minimus
    minimus

Since the "good" elder assures everyone that this will all play out well, I must ask: Is this guy "new" and inexperienced?? Is he stupid?

NO ELDER can assure a result BEFORE it happens. Anybody that believes otherwise is simply kidding themselves. A JC makes the decision. If they felt that one was not TRULY SINCERELY sorry, even if the thing was discontinued---they'll df you. If this guy is on the JC, he CANNOT be telling you these things without jepoardizing the whole thing.

Somethin' ain't right.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

If I may offer some advise, the fore front policy from this religion is to own you and control you, in a sense the master does not like his slaves wandering off to serve

other masters, they have goaded you in to their little posy by offering not dieing and living in a paradise, once they put their brand on you, you become one of their possessions.

You should realize that other religious cults gather their followers in a very similar way, with very similar tactics. If they think they have the ordained power to bounce you out I say let them.

Another thing you might mention to them tell them that the kingdom hall didn't have enough exercise equipment so thats why you joined the YMCA.......good luck

• Gill
    Gill

They are SO going to DF you!!!!!

Don't do anything that they ask! Claim Alzheimers's as a reason for forgetting their kangaroo court! Basically, wave goodbye to all the relatives that are going to dump you. Get on with your life. Be happy. And don't forget to give them lots of bad press if any one asks you what happened!

Remember YOU are FREE as a bird. You just don't know it yet! But you will!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit