Well, here comes a judicial committee

by drew sagan 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75
    They are welcome according to a WT legal department document, but they will need to wait outside.

This does not make any sense. LEGAL dept says no. How is 3 against 1, in any way fair?

It isn't fair, that is the point! This is why the bible used descriptive words for such arrangements, calling these men wolves. Why? Because it is how they work. They prey on the weak, ganging up and prefer the art of surprise!

The last one is worse. In a normal court, the accused knows exactly what he is charged with, given time to prepare and even know in advance what evidence exists against him! These are natural rules of justice. You will be told nothing or precious little, given no time to prepare and not be permitted in most cases to confront/cross examine those accusing you.

If I brought my lawyer, would he be able to stay?

Absolutely not. Again he could come, but he would not be permitted to participate in the proceedings. Now there may have been an allowance at one time but I have never heard of it and it would be a particularly special case involving power players in the religion.

The only lawyer I know of permitted into a JC was the Witness lawyer who was being interrogated/judged!

The only time someone is allowed into the meeting is when it involves a baptized minor child. The parents or parent is allowed to be present.

I've had my share of JC meetings. Some deserved, others not.

I mean no disrespect here, but there is never a deserving reason for a JC. Paul apparently faced a JC of some sort in the 1st Century. He blasted it. It is unscriptural for brothers to judge one another in this way.

(1 Corinthians 4:1-5) 4

Let a man so appraise us as being subordinates of Christ and stewards of sacred secrets of God. 2 Besides, in this case, what is looked for in stewards is for a man to be found faithful. 3 Now to me it is a very trivial matter that I should be examined by YOU or by a human tribunal. Even I do not examine myself. 4 For I am not conscious of anything against myself. Yet by this I am not proved righteous, but he that examines me is God.5 Hence do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest, and then each one will have his praise come to him from God.

I don't know if you see the clarity in that but there is just no reason for puritanical shunning. Sure some judging must be done on a personal level that you may consider someone not your cup of tea, or insincere in their approach to life, but none of this Excommunication crap can be adequately defended with the bible if looked at in context.

Frank75

• horrible life
    horrible life
    there is never a deserving reason for a JC.

Frank75: Thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit