Unique regional foods

by Junction-Guy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

mmmm...some of this sounds good... I should have tried the mexican food when I was in denver a couple months back.. ..i couldnt go a block or two without seeing mexican restaraunts.

St. Louis regional specialty: TOASTED RAVIOLI ..... mmmmm.. and anything from The Hill.

Ted Drewes' Frozen Custard.....custard concretes........mmmmmm

SnakesInTheTower (of the "now I want some" Sheep Class)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Gotta be Yorkshire pudding here! (Like pancake but not sweet and done in t'oven!!)

For those not in the know - black pudding is probably what you call blood pudding - it's made from blood and other gruesome stuff. Tripeif you can stand the smell of it cooking is cows stomach lining

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

New England clam chowda, Indian pudding, Boston Baked beans, Sweet corn on the cob...There are 2 restaurants in Boston that claim to be the oldest in the U.S.... the Union Oyster House and Durgan Park. Seafood is big here..Cod & Haddock... and then there's the North End where you can find great Italian Restaurants.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

ooooh....and look! I just became a Jedi! Took me long enough!

Coffee

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

My wife is from Ecuador, she told me about a dish the indians in Ecuador make that is roasted Guinea Pig, I don't know if I mentioned to everyone here but in April I am going to Ecuador, I will keep you up posted on the Roasted Guinea Pig.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

use it wisely coffee_black!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thank you sad emo...

Coffee

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, where there's some serious food action. Every kind of ethnic at all levels of quality, health food this and gourmet that. My sister moved to rural New York about ten years ago, and she misses Mexican food - the stuff that real Mexicans actually make for each other. Specifically, horchata.

Let's see, I think I'd miss Japanese and Indian restaurants, artisanal breads, funny salad greens, and Asian groceries, If I had to move to Darkest Utah.*

*no offense, of course, to any Utahns present

gferal

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Deep Fried Clams, from Nova Scotia

Bobbi

God love ya Bobbi, they are yummy! Don't forget Poutine! Fries covered in cheese curds and rich gravy.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

*drool* i haven't had good poutine in a very long time.

Bobbi( craving poutine now)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit