Unique regional foods

by Junction-Guy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

All of this talk about Bojangles Chicken has got me in the mood for a food related topic, so here it is.

Is there any food dishes or style of cooking that is unique to your region?

Growing up in Dayton Ohio, I have a love affair for "Dayton Style" pizza, this is pizza that is thin crust, cut in squares, and they use diced meats and veggies, along with provolone cheese. Im sure you can find this in other places, but around here the pizza tends to be triangle cut, mozzarella cheese, just like all the chains.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Tamales. Real. Homemade. Beef or Green Corn Tamales- from the natives that are here from Mexico- They are so wonderful.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Does Poland have alot of mexican immigrants? LOL

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

lol, apparently so. ;-)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Down in the Carolina's they cook their seafood "calabash" style, which is mainly popcorn shrimp, popcorn clams, etc.

The lowcountry of South Carolina serves food that is similiar to Cajun/Creole.

I also miss the chain of mexican restaurants called "Pancho's", they are in Texas mainly, but a few in Oklahoma and Louisiana. Their mexican food is absolutely heavenly.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I also miss the chain of mexican restaurants called "Pancho's", they are in Texas mainly, but a few in Oklahoma and Louisiana. Their mexican food is absolutely heavenly.

We had one of those chains here for awhile but it went out of business.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Their food was delicious, and it was all-you-can-eat, I wonder why it went out?

• ilovegravy
    ilovegravy

Here in blighty, coffin dodgers regularly enjoy the well known delicacy of tripe and onions. yum...

Then theres the very popular black pudding and who can forgey out Northern neighbours with their haggis..

Uncle Gravy

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I tried Haggis at the Apostachilifest in 2004, it was delicious. As for the tripe and the black pudding, well that dont sound so good to me.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Cottage cheese and apple butter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit