Disfellowshipping smokers is an outrage!

by yaddayadda 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Although I dislike smoking, and can't stand it when i'm close to it, I have to say that its not up to a self appointed body to say you'll be less christian that someone else who doesnt smoke and be kicked out for it. If it was truly christian, then it would be a conscience matter, some would feel its wrong, because say the're level of understanding and spirituallity is more advanced, where as someone else may not see it that way as far as their own understanding takes them. But yet here we have an example of having to comply to man made rules and understanding of the verses which completely does away with your own conscience. And as has been pointed out its at odds with so many other things they do and have said. So if its wrong to smoke why is it ok to run a car or go on planes????

CS 101

• Mary
    Mary
    Why not DF those who swear and curse?

I remember getting hauled in the backroom by two elders to talk to me about my swearing (Ya I know----big shocker there eh?) Funny thing was, the one (married) elder was banging a married sister half his age at the time, and the other elder was a borderline alcoholic.

And they had the balls to bitch about my swearing?!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Adultery vs. Cussing ...how does that thing go about the splinter and the log in someone's eye?

I'll admit I never balked at the DFing over smoking 'cause I can't stand the smell, but I do think it's unscriptural.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...Hunt down Smokers!!..Hide Pedophiles!!..Crazy Eyes ..This loving arrangement has been brought to you by the WBT$!!..There`s no other organization like it..Where else would you go?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• frozen one
    frozen one

Not that I condone the practice of booting people who light up, but the witnesses appear to have been way ahead of the curve. Smoking is banned in many areas by the government. My state just passed a ban. I also saw that in Britain the Health Services are going to withhold some surgeries until the patient quits (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=459574&in_page_id=1770). That seems a bit harsh. I wouldn't doubt if many witnesses believe that their position on smoking helped blaze the trail for making smokers pariahs around the world.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah, i smoke but, am respectful to people around me and try to stay downwind. the reason your not supposed to smoke is because your supposed to keep your body clean. the funny thing is, they will df ya for smoking, but, overdrinking, being morbidly obese, and not excersising are accepted. wtf?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Anybody got a light?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Just for you nvrgnbk

alt.

BB

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks BB!

Share this