How long did it take for the elders to "give up" on you ?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

Well to give up on something they would have had to start in the first place. And they never started. I guess this lil serta sheep isn't worth their time. Just as well any way,

• Irish Rose
    Irish Rose

They only came by my home one time. And it was to conferm if I was the one that sent them my letter of dissocation. That was it. They never even showed up once while I was "inactive". But that's fine with me.

• blondie
    blondie

About a year after we stopped going altogether. Flurry of phone calls not answered or returned. Occasionally a call when an out of town "friend" found out the good/bad news.

• Purza
    Purza

Lets see, a family member called the elders on me in July. The elders called (thank god for caller ID), emailed me at work and came by (I never answered the door) for about a month. Then that was it. Guess they had better things to do with their time.

Purza

• blondie
    blondie

It seems that men high up on the ladder get more attention; unless you are suspected of doing something salacious or scandalous. I wonder if the elders draw straws to see who gets those plummy assignments.

Most gave up on you long before you stopped going. It is just a CYA measure.

A warning, some BOEs give up, then the CO breezes through and builds a fire under them. He has to CYA himself too when he sends in his report to the Masters in NY.

Baring your feelings to a JW family member or friend you thought were on the edge, might renew their interest as well.

Loose lips sink ships.

Blondie (lesson this week, eliminate Brother from my vocabulary unless I am talking about a sibling)

I found out that union members call each other brother and sister...I just about puked before I got a hold of myself.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think they gave up on me from square one. Except for the odd "so and so is thinking of you" message conveyed by my parents. I think they knew I was too smart, too set on higher education to bother with.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    A warning, some BOEs give up, then the CO breezes through and builds a fire under them. He has to CYA himself too when he sends in his report to the Masters in NY.

That just happened to me. They gave up on me 2 weeks after the CO left.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh the love. Can you feel it?

Warlock

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The elders around here are a bunch of quitters. One called about seven years ago to inform me the CO was in town and wanted to stop by, which I told him, "no thanks," and that was the last contact I've had other than the occasional greeting at the local grocery store.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit