Scholarship Fund For Ex-JWs

by Madame Quixote 11 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Well, I'm not rich, or I would gladly pay anyone's way through school! This would be a great benefit.

• rebel8
    rebel8

1st you establish a Board of Directors and by-laws for your nonprofit foundation. Then you register as a nonprofit in your state. Then you file as a nonprofit with the IRS. Be aware this last step is taking >6 months; I registered my charity with the IRS in January and haven't gotten my approval yet. You will need to check into how to file all these forms correctly and there are extra steps to take for organizations that offer scholarships.

Once you get all that done, then you need to hold Board meetings and keep minutes. Establish in your by-laws how people will qualify for the scholarships and create a conflict of interest policy to ensure it isn't Board members who are taking advantage (not that you would, but you need to specify how conflicts of interest will be disclosed and handled in your by-laws).

Then create a Paypal account and probably a web site with a button to donate. Open a bank account to manage the funds. Then do fundraising.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit