Bethelites - humbler than thou!

by B_Deserter 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I'm new here and don't know if this has been posted. Have you ever noticed that when a lot of young men return from Bethel they have this air of superiority with them? I've seen people almost literally worship the ground they walk on. Ever see the snooty "Future Mrs. Elder" groups insist that their husband be a bethelite/pioneer/ministerial servant? Bethelites are the most haughty, self-important, egotistical bullies I have ever met, with few exceptions.

I also noticed a fad lately with elders' kids going to the Dominican Republic to "serve where the need is greater." From what I hear its more like a Witness version of Spring Break. I even used to go to a hall with a Spanish congregation, the vast majority made up of NON-NATIVE speakers!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

As an ex bethelite I am happy to say I did not return with an air of superiority (I had that before I left.) But even when I was coming up, Back in the early 90's young people were flocking to serve in the D.R. I think they were looking for mates (witnesses really need to get over the whole sex thing.)

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    As an ex bethelite I am happy to say I did not return with an air of superiority

ditto ... I was asked to be the P.O. I declined.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Yes it is a mind control thing. They think they are top dog. It's common with any mind control group. When my son came back from the Marines he was the same way. They have to adjust to the real world.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Ever see the snooty "Future Mrs. Elder" groups insist that their husband be a bethelite/pioneer/ministerial servant?

I have know these sort of sister, many never found anyone spiritual enough and are now bitterm, lonely 40 year old virgins.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    ditto ... I was asked to be the P.O. I declined.

The reason you declined was to take the vacant C.O. position.

These newbies don't know you like I do, bastard.

Warlock

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Warlock says: These newbies don't know you like I do, bastard.

Thought I would slip it through. Thanks A LOT demon luva

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Truth be told, I came out of bethel thinking I shat gold bars and fuzzy ittle kittens.

Sorry for that everyone. I really have changed.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I was "kicked out" of Bethel for under-age drinking and G-jobbing for corrupt Bethel overseers.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never met any of these but I can imagine that many would be arrogant given also the recognition and high esteem they receive as ex Bethelites from the local congos because as they see it they dedicated everything to their jehovah for an x number of years. They were just being slaves of a cultic organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit