Advertising campaign for District Conventions

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Things must really be bad. Usually the advertisement for the District Conventions are a few lines long, but this year they've laid it on as thick as ever! I'm quoting directly from the local paper: What a long and insipid way to say absolutely NOTHING!!!!!

WITNESSES INVITE ALL TO "FOLLOW THE CHRIST"

While many are of the opinion that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in Jesus Christ, the theme of their 2007 annual convention is "FOLLOW THE CHRIST"

The Witnesses are launching a vigorous campaign to invite all to see ow vital Jesus Christ is to the life of each Witness and, according tot he Witnesses, to each resident of Trinidad and Tobago.

Over a five week period the Witnesses will be hosting four annual conventions conveniently located across the twin-island republic. They will be held at the ... (gives venues and dates). The Programme sessions start at 9:30 a.m. all three days of the convention. Admission is free and no collection will be taken.

This Witness' special annual event will be highlighted by a campaign to distribute an attractively illustrated invitation. This campaign will commence approximately three weeks before each respective "Follow the Christ!" District Convention. Their goal is to extend a personal invitation to as many people as possible. Locally, the area's Witness congregations will be givnig energetic support to this united global adveritsing activity for convention programmes that will be held over the course of the next few months in over 150 lands.

There are close to 100,000 ocngregations of Jehovah's Witnesses throught the world. Local Witnesses hope you accept their invitation to come with them to "Follow the Christ!" conventions. They are confident that all in atendance will benefit from being there.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Admission is free and no collection will be taken.

No doubt they will be reminding the brothers of how costly the dc has been, mentioning the usual deficit, and admonishing those there to "do the right thing" though

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yeah, they are trying their best to catch on to the evangelical movement that is quite strong right now. They are trying to make it look like they are born agains in a way. What a shame that nobody cares, nor will care.

• blondie
    blondie

I have checked into several religious conferences advertised on TV, no charge and no collection was what I was told with special rates available for hotel rooms...sound familiar.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

The Mormans are doing the same thing: focusing on a Christ centered message.

Two peas in a cult pod.

V

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oh!!..How exciting!!..Another world changing event courtasy of the WBT$..The last big promotion went over so well!.."The End Of False Religion Is Near!"..That certainly changed how the world works today..LOL!!.....Linda and Blondie are on the money!..Near the end of the convention,WBT$ will be "begging" for money,as usuall....."Brothers we can`t cover our costs!.Please,dig a little deeper into your pockets!We are a multi billion dollar organization and we need your money!".....LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Why go if Christ is not your savior anyway? According to the Witnesses, he is ONLY the Savior for the 144,000, and that's about it, if I'm up to date on their latest theology.

If I'm right, according to them, you can't get into paradise unless Christ deems you worthy. You are just NOT assured of that. To be deemed worthy you have to put in so many hours per month, and if you don't you are "questionable" and other PEOPLE, who are not fit to judge in the first place, will determine whether you are going to get into paradise or not, and determine whether you are "fit" to get into the paradise.

Not happening. The only thing that Christ demands of me is to admit I'm a sinner, and accept him as my savior. The rest is up to me.

CG

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Wasn't it just last summer that they were handing out tracts for the Deliverence is at Hand convention, and then they had a run up to some special campaign which was supposedly going to make them hated by all the world?

JW's are only relevent in their own minds, everyone else just steps right over them and keeps on going.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"While many are of the opinion that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in Jesus Christ"

Why put yourself on the defensive at all in an "invite"? It makes you seem weak before you even begin.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Admission is free and no collection will be taken.

Ahhh.....the old 'bait and switch.' They neglect to mention what it will cost you - your freedom of thought, friends, family, health, peace of mind, etc.

Maybe even your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit