Advertising campaign for District Conventions

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mum
    Mum

Of course JW's believe in Jesus Christ, just as they believe in George Washington, the belief being that both were men, the former "perfect," the latter "imperfect." Big deal.

Maybe marketers will displace lawyers in the post 20th-century organization. They could use a few more spin doctors. Otherwise, they need a better gimmick than a district convention to draw more attention to themselves.

Regards,

SandraC

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

If I Follow the Christ won't I be in heaven?

Why do they say "Follow the Christ" just to be different?

Why not say "Follow Jesus" or "Follow Jesus Christ" too main stream me thinks.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is another scam. From the posts I have seen from those who actually attended, there is absolutely nothing I haven't heard when I was in before. The same old s*** about apostates, entertainment, and doing ever more for the Tower. How can you give up everything that means anything to you to make room for more service, and of course it won't be good enough so you will have to do even more next month.

Free???? True, there are no passings of collection plates. You have donation boxes to trip on everywhere. Attendants are there to make sure you put something into them (you will look bad if you don't). And there is the obligatory deficit at the Sunday afternoon session to scare people into putting more in later. They talk as if they were going belly-up and that people are stinting on donations, no matter how big a surplus they had the day before (they send it all to the Mother Organization to create the deficit).

This is the biggest waste of advertising space since prescription drugs started being directly advertised to the public. I hope they got as big a response to it as they did for the False Religion fiasco last fall: zero. And I hope they really do have a deficit--I hope no one donates anything at all. Hopefully, they will actually have nothing to give to the Mother Organization, and still end up losing money. My advice: Don't go. And if you do go, please do not donate any real money to this scam. (Yes, a few do actually have to go, to please family or to take notes to post on this board.) And don't take any of their demandsadvice about entertainment, doing more in service, avoiding apostates, and the music, videos, and games of this system.

• R.F.
    R.F.

It's funny when they announce deficits. The looks that many have as they obviously scramble to rake up their dollars for "Jehovah's" sake is hilarious.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    It's funny when they announce deficits. The looks that many have as they obviously scramble to rake up their dollars for "Jehovah's" sake is hilarious.

I think it's even funnier when they don't make up the deficits. I always hoped for them to finish nicely in the red. The worse, the better. If they finish $120,000 short, that's their problem. I ended up not donating a penny when they did that. And it wouldn't matter if I was making $500 trillion per hour--I would rather contribute to Freeminds or Silentlambs than to the Watchtower Society any day.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I am stuck on The Christ. I guess there are many Christ but only one true Christ.

How many christains go around saying The Christ!

The Christ Is Coming!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit