Strange Talks

by AgentSmith 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

The thread regarding how the MS and Elders keeping up the facade while knowing its all wrong made me think of something.

This happened in the ministerial service meeting. The MS started his part on the program but it was soon evident that he was not firing on all cylinders. His speech was monotone, slurred even. Then he completely lost the plot and stared at his notes as if it was all in hebrew! He mumbled something and an elder walked up to get him off the stage. The teenagers in the cong was snickering, the younger ones said loudly "what is wrong with him mommy?"

First attempt from the elder to lovingly help our poor alchohol laden brother, did not go well. He claimed "I must finishhhh my talksh Bruvver!"

He did not finish. He was now marched ( dragged) off stage.

I was astounded, amused but did not laugh as I wished that I had a drink or two in when sitting through those meetings, Our dear brother was not seen at meetings for about three weeks. No 'marking' or public reproof. I suppose the Judicial Committee could sympathise with the need to drink before you retell lies in public. Must help I suppose.

• blondie
    blondie

Strange talks:

1) Brother Tirade: has a beef with the elder body and shares it with the congregation from the stage

2) Brother Wifehasanagenda: works into his talk certain "rules" and discipline for the rank and file

3) Brother Notpreparedandproud of it: Gives the BH in less than 30 seconds saying he didn't prepare.

4) Brother SexTherapist: Gives a talk about masturbation and "proper" married sex acts and gets too graphic (Brother GetsHisJolliesWhereHeCan)

5) Brother FashionCounselortotheSisters: Proceeds to provide a comprehensive list of hairdos, clothing, and makeup "tips" none of which his wife abides by

6) Add your own

Blondie

• jambon1
    jambon1

Brother giving a talk on homosexuality. His illustration? - Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole! Totally unbelievable. Snigger, snigger from the audience.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Brother OUTLAW dosen`t prepare for his ministry school talk..So OUTLAW does some stand-up comedy on the subject..Audience laughs..Ministry school servant(The name way back when)is not amused..OUTLAW dosen`t get another ministry school talk again!.....Ever!.....LOL!!...OUTLAW

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I have to absolutely LOL at this. If I had been sipping my morning java it might have been all over my screen.

I remember in 199* don't remember the exact year. I was disfellowshipped and trying to get reinstated. First off...I never quit smoking, but "worldly" hubby did so I missed that bullet by a mile. What I absolutely did not understand was going to the hell absolutely drunk, and better yet....meeting an elder in a public place to tell me the elders wanted to meet with me to tell me I was reinstated. Now get this, he and his wife were coming home from a worldly wedding and hubby and I were there (drunk, of course) looking to buy more alcohol.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Brother giving a talk on homosexuality. His illustration? - Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole! Totally unbelievable. Snigger, snigger from the audience.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

... Well I certainly don't have a square peg!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Teenage brother giving a no.2 talk says to 'pummel your botty' instead of 'body'. Some young ones in the audience start giggling big time and one of them accidentally farts. The young dude giving the talk loses it and just walks off the platform and sits down.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Is strange talks liven up a boring meeting, I am all for them!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

They're all strange, but oddly enough, also quite boring. Good for the screw-ups; they livened things up a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit