Strange Talks

by AgentSmith 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Threestars
    Threestars

Once, at one of the last meetings I ever attended, the brother announcing all the speakers was this young man who had, unfortunately, a severe stuttering problem. To this day I don't understand why they made him go through this public humiliation every week but one night a Bro "Smiley" was giving a talk and he was standing at the foot of the platform steps with his foot lifted and the poor announcer was stuck on the letter "S" in the name during the preliminary introduction. He said the "S" sound about 8 or 10 times at least and finally got the full name out all in a rush. In the meantime Bro Smiley had been putting one foot on the first step of the platform and then down again, and then finally when his full name came out he literally rushed up the steps to take the mic. I managed to control myself, I felt pretty sorry for both of the poor guys, but then I looked over at my younger brothers who were sitting next to me. The were both grinning and one of them was doing a pantomime with two fingers on his chair arm of Bro Smiley stepping up and back, and then rushing the stage--all the while whispering "S...S...S...S...S...SMILEY!" I completely lost it and had to leave the meeting.

• Miss 8572
    Miss 8572

Not so much a strange talk... but pretty strange. A sister in my hall (correction: Elder's wife) who is known to be mentally unstable once walked in with her naturally mousy brown short bob haircut, walked downstairs to the washroom during the first song and came back up with a rediculusly long blonde wig on. The entire cong. died. We never thought something so bizzare would happen again until last month when she did it again except this time with an insanely short skirt and plunging neckline. We all wonder why her husband who has given talks about dress and grooming hasn't said somethign to her. I surmise she gets violent if he questions the voices in her head.

• zack
    zack

A public talk about an invisible kingdom with earthly representatives who somehow have super perceptive powers and bring enlightenment to all mankind.

Weird, huh?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I knew a kid who once got up on the platform and filled some extra time he had for his announcements with talking about various things he read in the Awake!

Everything he said was so goofy, all the time. He was counseled for not being serious enough. The sad thing is that he was actually trying hard to be serious, it just didn't appear to be that way.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

One of my elders meeting, they gave me a WT print out from the CDs which stated,"Internet apostate sites are like viewing poronography just don't do it! it was a big long list of why people should not view certain unworthy sites.

Afterwards, one of my elders gave a talk on how pronography flashes on his computer screen but he never opens them up!

He was such a strange and odd person, he kepts looking at all the womens breast!

One time at the meeting, he turned right around to get a eye full and looked right at my breast! and I had an old ladies sweater on.

The lady that was helping me thru my reinstatement, told him to take a picture!

The strangest thing, I went out to lunch with a girlfriend who was an exjw, she knew the person without naming the guy.

She had a really good laugh, and said that the guy had a big problem with breast and that was 30 years ago! He has not changed much!

I can laugh at it now but at the time I just shook my head!

It is like everything turned up side down,people who are getting reinstated has less problems then the elders! I am confused!

• ilovegravy
    ilovegravy

I remember when I was a MS, having the dubious privilge of closing the Thursday meeting in song and prayer. Don`t know what I was thinking, but I did it all in the form of a poem. The PS was none too impressed as I found out the week later when a talk was given by him about the correct way conduct oneself at the meetings. Still, it made me laugh

Gravy

• brinjen
    brinjen

I remember an elderly sister who said s#*t into the microphone. I was half asleep at the time, she lost her train of thought and it just slipped out. Woke me up. Looked around quite a few shocked faces and sniggers. The brother conducting the craptower study looked a little stunned but managed to drone on regardless.

• ninja
    ninja

welcome gravy....you should "mix well" in here...ahem I'll get my coat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit