Has anyone noticed?

by DazedAndConfused 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I was reading truthseeker's post's about the summer convention. S/he kept saying that the convention this year is focused on Jesus.

I have been watching and comparing what is being said here and the things presented by the Botchtower Babble Society, both in the local meetings and the assemblies/conventions. It seems to me, without actually looking up post's, that what is presented to the R&F follows what is challenged here in JWD by a week/month or two.

For a quick example, this particular convention is speaking about Jesus.... a lot. Think about it. In the past few months it has been observed that Jesus has been ignored in meetings/assemblies/conventions. Now it is addressed. Like I said, without going back and linking thoughts here with what has been presented in their indoctrination at the sales meetings, it seems that within weeks or months that they address what is said in here.

Coincidence (sp)?

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Interesting thought. If I was a member of the GB and wanted to keep my following I would look at forums like this so that I could say see we have an ansewr for everything we must have Jah's blessing! Makes sense to me.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

'Apostates' have been accusing the Society of ignoring Jesus ever since the www went live, even earlier.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If the GB is following JWD we can expect the following changes:

• disfellowshipping to be replaced with marking
    • blood transfusions to be a conscience matter
    • Jesus to become mediator for all
    • Not only JWs to be saved

If the above changes occured I predict that there would be less decrease in numbers than if they continue on in their current cult ways. JWs would start to be considered more mainstream as Seventh-day Adventists now are.

• Sasha
    Sasha

Weren't the JW off- shoots of the Seventh Day Adventists anyway?????? That's what my teacher said.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Ah Abaddon - thou art wise as the gb is defunct, out of touch and losing control of their masses. They need to up the opium dosing post haste.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the 7th day adventists might be considered an offshoot of the original adventists. CT Russell was more influenced by the SECOND Adventists.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I suppose this proposition may be true, but the extent to which it can be addressed is a subject of tiresome debate. It is true that we can supply plenty of evidence to indicate that the WTS leadership, or at least the writers of their publications, have been forced to react to pressure from the outside, especially from us 'postates.

At least one example can be supplied off my mind, and that concerns the use of Johannes Greber. Evidently a mentor of Freddy Franz when we consider the high esteem Franz accorded Greber, and the various occasions that the Greber NT was quoted with apparent approval in WT publications, this bestowal of "divine" sanction, had to be reversed after increasing pressure from sources outside the Society became apparent. It was only when forums such as this revealed the demonic influence that clearly under-girded the Greber NT, and when this exposure was having a telling effect on the R&F, that the WT leadership backed away from their position. Couching their retrenchment in suitably ambiguous phrases, of course.

And this may extend to various WT articles that are suffering under the glare of circumstances. The regular increase in Memorial partakers over time, has obviously forced those who are the Keepers of the Flame, at WT headquarters, to drop their otherwise absurd 1935 timing on the intake of the "anointed"

Having said that, however, it needs to be taken into consideration that books released at Dist Conventions can take several years to craft. Much of the prose has to possess a certain level of ambiguity which may tax the creativity of any one writer. It takes a skill, honed over many years of duplicity, to articulate WT theology to the condition that makes it conventional. Every editorial equivocation, every enigmatic prevarication, every degree of incertitude has to be utilized so as to make the text say what the leadership wants it to say. Generalization must be clothed in dogmatism, and vagueness given substance.

What can be termed Standard Literary Procedures must be observed. For instance, since 1995, with the dropping of the 1914 generation teaching, the expressions "1914" and "generation" must never be placed in congruency, theological or grammatical. Despite the fact that every English dictionary of the last few years will give "Heaven" as the first meaning for "paradise" [See Websters, for Americans, Collins for British English] it is Standard Literary Procedure in all WT publications to always modify the word "paradise" with the additional noun "earth" lest the R&F get heavenly pretensions.

Then there are the legal parameters. The men with the slide rules and the legal imperatives have virtually hijacked the WT ability to express itself. The polite fiction that the increasingly decrepit "anointed" are crafting WT material is maintained only in the dark recesses of what passes for humour in WT circles.

All this means that the pre publication stage of a Dist Convention release may have to go through several hands, and various modifications. The present publication may have first been given a substantive identity before any Forum suggestions had been provided.

I rather think it is a circular, stereotyped mechanization that reveals why certain publications are eventually released. What goes around, comes around. Obviously some high pressure meeting established that a book on Christ had not been published for a while. So Presto! Out it comes. The same considerations are being applied to next years publication, and the year after that and the year after that......ad infinitum.

I am almost certain the publication for next year's Assembly has already been written, in answer to some need, legal or otherwise.

Having been written in 1985, and revised in '89 I feel that the "[Human] Reasoning" book is fast approaching its use by date. It just isn't ambiguous enough. It just doesn't say the different things it needs to simultaneously say that current publication do. Look out for a replacement soon.

Cheers

• brinjen
    brinjen
    For a quick example, this particular convention is speaking about Jesus.... a lot. Think about it. In the past few months it has been observed that Jesus has been ignored in meetings/assemblies/conventions. Now it is addressed. Like I said, without going back and linking thoughts here with what has been presented in their indoctrination at the sales meetings, it seems that within weeks or months that they address what is said in here.

Wouldn't surprise me. That's how cults work, they don't argue to prove their beliefs or doctrines, they go the opposite way. They find out what the latest argument is about them then make up a load of crap(tower) to discredit the argument. Makes them appear inspired and connected to god in turn keeping their masses brainwashed.

• moshe
    moshe

There must be a lot of JW lurkers here who read our topics and then write letters to Bethel crying, "tell us it ain't so!".

Also, I expect to see the WT headquarters set up a public charity soon to counter all the negative apostate press that they aren't true Christians because the billion dollar WTS has no public charities. They could allocate a few million dollars for a feed the hungry campaign and then set up barrels at conventions for the brothers to donate canned goods. They will get lots of free PR for very little outlay of money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit