Has anyone noticed?

by DazedAndConfused 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Moshe said,

I expect to see the WT headquarters set up a public charity soon

That would probably be a good thing and a step in the right direction, but I am not so sure it will happen because it will immediately open the question, "Where the hell have you been for the past 130 years?" from the community of charities and the media. Maybe they can find a way to do another tag-team effort with the Scientologists like they did in France.

On the general subject of whether the WTB&TS is looking to apostate critics for ways to improve their message, I have to doubt that premise. I think it is more likely that the WTB&TS knows in their collective heart that the "image" of the young, virile, manly Jesus is much more appealing than the portraits of the decrepit wannabes who claim to be his "bride" (shudder). Yet no single living young manly virile Dub could be mistaken for Jesus because faithful brainwashed Dubs - who follow Israelite law in so many other areas - are not allowed to follow Israelite law on the matter of letting their beards display. Dubs circumcise their beards daily in loyal obedience to Judge Rutherford, whose heavenly assignment is to bring Jesus a boozy hot toddy in the evening.

IF, on the other hand I am underestimating the effect of our apostate protestations and Brooklyn really does read and consider the discussions on this and other XJW discussion boards, then I would suggest:

It is time for some "new light" on what righteousness really entails. Righteousness is seeking out and "destroying" the unclean thing in your midst, not concealing it and protecting it. If your Jehovah is the universal sovereign, the only thing that can bring him shame is when his half wit followers defend and protect predators and liars with the bumbling intention of protecting HIS NAME. Get your shit straight, you idiots!

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks for your insight Nate- yes the WTS has a "damned if we do and damned if we don't", dilemma on their hands whn it comes to change. I was looking at the google search for JW's and saw the post for the District assembly in Illinois. Boy, did the JW's ever get hammered by everyone in the comments section. More and more newspapers are allowing comments to stories and this could be more damaging to them than our Ex-JW websites.

I have often asked JW's why an individual KH couldn't sponsor a charity of some sort on their own- No answers. they just don't seem to be able to orgainze anything without approval from the hive first. I suspect that having a JW charity is the first step towards interfaith sharing and they are scared to allow that to happen. I hope it does happen, though. I think JW's will see more good from that than their preaching work.

• horrible life
    horrible life

http://www.jw-media.org/vnr/4382612162/214331.htm

The dubs have given to chairety. I would bet that these poor hungry children, are probably the best dressed children in Africa.

• metatron
    metatron

I generally agree. They monitor sites like this and figured out that they have a problem with Jesus,

namely, treating him as a perfunctory, minor character while claiming to be Christian.

Of course, nothing's really going to change. There isn't going to be any significant doctrinal change

about anything.

metatron

• Honesty
    Honesty

Nah, the "Follow the Faithful Slave who Follow the Christ" D.C. has been in the works for about 3 years.

Gotta tickle the masses ears with somethin' New every once in a while to keep them under the influence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit