60 YEARS OLD.......MY FIRST TATOO

by HappyDad 35 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

HL, how are you going to represent big bad apostacy with a flower?

• blondie
    blondie

There is a born again Christian guy at work that uses questions about his various tattoos to "witness." That was a novel idea.

I see more and more women my age (50's) with tattoos...visible tattoos and they aren't "bikerchics."

I just can't stand needles and can barely inject myself when my life depends on it.

So either beauty's sake or to make a statement, it is great to have a choice.

Blondie

• BFD
    BFD

Hi Happydad! Nice tat!

I was 42 years old when I got my first tattoo. My dad was a fisherman and after he died, I got a tattoo of a large anchor on the side of my left leg. I drew the picture myself then the tattoo artist (in St. Augustine, FL) made some changes and I love it. I will get another one after my mom dies, assuming she goes first of course. I just don't know what I will come up with for that tattoo, she shuns me. It will be something crazy and I will most likely place it near my heart.

BFD

• horrible life
    horrible life

Richie, just kidding about the flower, but really can't do the spider. Think of something else.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I know this isn't my thread, but BFD, my tattoo for my mom is on my chest...

alt

• helncon
    helncon

Well done Happydad! You will never be too old to have ink done.

That is a great tattoo! I'm glad you have found one that means so much to you and id say you will never regret it.

Tattoos are addictive, i remember when i got my first one done the tattoist said you will never be able to just have one! I laughed and said yeah just one will do me but 5 years later ive had a few more done and wanting more.

Happy inking

Helen

• BFD
    BFD

Richie,

That's pretty cool. Forgive my ignorance but what does it say?

BFD

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

BFD,

it means, If you want peace, prepare for war.

The birds are tradtional sailor tattoos that were originally used to symbolize happiness and freedom, however bones usually show loss and regret- so the dead birds represent freedom at a cost.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

That's great, Happy Dad! I really like it. I think tatts can be and should be extremely personal. Like the one Crumpet had done, and Richies, and well, mine. I just had a second one done and I'm sure I'll have more. Mine are really tied to leaving the dubs, too, so they're even more meaningful for me. They do hurt, I gotta agree with you, but on this last one, I went into a zone where I could feel the ouch, but it just seemed really far away, It was kinda cool *grin*

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

That looks great HappyDad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit