60 YEARS OLD.......MY FIRST TATOO

by HappyDad 35 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

OK guys...........

There have been times in my 3 years on this forum that I have wished that I could take back a response to a topic......but most of the time it has been too late to edit it. My foot tastes kind of nasty......like the recent response I made to a post about "sexual positions" (What is sex?) It is a done deal and I apologize for it as I have done at other times here.

Ok.....I'm done with my apology......I have salved my conscience.

Ok.......you get my point. My sense of humor takes a wierd twist sometimes. and I should have kept my mouth shut.

But anyhow..........there have been a few posts here from time to time asking all of us to show our INK.

Since 2003, I have been thinking about what I wanted for a tatoo. A couple of years ago I found what I wanted and often thought about having it done.........even at my age. After all.....many of my friends are much younger than me and they have tats. ( I am young at heart and get along fine with 20-30-40-50 year old people.) My buddy Jimmy has 48 tats and until 3 months ago, none of them were visible at all unless he wore shorts and an athletic type T-shirt. His last two.he had done on the back of his hands...full color American Indian symbols. He is 53 years old and said he is done with it. There is no more room on his body for hidden tats.

Last Sept. I paid for my daughters first tat for her birthday.She had the shop where she lives in Fort Myers, FL draw up a "sand dollar" tat......and the end result is absolutely beautiful. I bought her another one in March......an "Iris" flower on her upper back right shoulder. It was her mother's favorite flower. (My wife died in 1996 for those who don't know) I told my daughter that I really wanted a tat for myself but still had the "iffys' about it. Well.......being the fantastic ex-JW that my daughter is......she has been trying to convince me to get one ever since. The one I have wanted is called "Trails End" or "End Of The Trail" depending on which web site you look at. It has meaning for me.

What I originally wanted was a "Rearing Horse" in a fighting stance with another wild horse. But after looking at hundreds of pictures, I still haven't found the right one. The picture that I first saw was on the cover of a Western Cowboy novel. The horse had a real mean look in his eyes and steam was coming out of his nostrels. I can't find anything close to it at all. This tat was to be on my right calf and about a foot long....full color.

Now back to the choice for my left calf. I wanted the old Indian in "Trails End" inked there.

These two tats have a great meaning for me since I am now a so-called senior citizen. As I said........I think YOUNG and always have a great time no matter who I am around. In October, 2003 I was T-boned on my Harley just 3 blocks from my house and the two days I spent in the trauma unit made me think a lot. Part of me feels that there is a lot of life and FIGHT in me......thus the "Rearing Horse" in a fighting stance. Then there is part of me that feels at time that my ar$e is dragging...that I have been beat up........and I am DONE. Thus the "End OF The Trail" tat.

Yesterday.......I stopped at a really great tat shop that I was at once before a couple of years ago. My mind was made up that it HAD to be done as soon as possible. Lo and behold.......they had a picture of the old Indian and it was even better than the pics I had seen before. And Lo and behold again..........the one inker had a 3 hour break between appointments.

I DID IT! I had it done and I loved every second of the PAIN. Nah.........really........there was no pain at all. Just some discomfort. At first I thought he was touching my calf with bare wires hooked up to an electrical outlet. It felt like electricity going all the way to my toes. It took him about 45 minutes to make up the stencil and about 2-1/2 hours in the chair getting my ink.

The experience was fantastic. I felt SO young and free. Absolutely exhilarating! As soon as it is totally healed....I'm having a band added to it around my calf. I even found a tat that I want done on my bicep.

For those who have had it done.............are tats addictive? I think that they are. I can't wait to do it again!

Anyhow.........I found this pic on the web today. It is exactly what I have........colors and all. If a pic would have been taken of my calf, there would not be any difference.

Here it is guys. Your "nice" comments would be appreciated.

HappyDad

• Highlander
    Highlander

Good for you,

I've always wanted a tat. At this point I'm not going to get one as I don't want to give any more ammo to use against me as I try and keep my family unit together.

If I do get one I will keep it professional, so that it's hidden under normal clothes but can be seen when dressed casual such as at the beach or gym.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Tattoos are rediculous.

Why would you want something so permanent on your body forever? Tattoos aren't for individuals, they're for sheeple.

Just kidding man, welcome to the dark side!

Remember, tattooed people are the same as everybody else, they're just way cooler and can kick your ass!

In response to your question, addicting isn't the best word- but it works. I get tattooed on average once a week, and I certainly look forward to each and every appointment.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That's a very nice one!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

congratulations! It's actually . . . beautiful. And a very moving, meaningful image. I hope it heals well! Live long and prosper - no more of this "end of the road" stuff!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

According to this site..this kind of tatoo can only be seen if someone has a blacklight on it!...That way only a select few can see it!..

Glow in the dark tatoo's...

Snoozy..(Having trouble with the site..goes offline..)

Anyway..glow in the dark head..how cool!..

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal3975_uv_blacklight_Ink.asp

• horrible life
    horrible life

Very pretty Happydad. My husband and child are Choctaw Indian.

With so many getting tattoos, I wonder how many of us are thinking, "maybe a little one". How about someone design something very, very, small, for everybody to get. So we can be part of a gang. I am thinking as big as a thumbnail small.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Snoozy, that ink is very hard to tattoo with since it is so thin, and it is also visible if you look for it, as the skin still scars from the tattoo.

I have my knuckles done with it, which I really like, but its NOT invisible like I thought it would be. But it doesn't stand out unless you're looking for it either.

Anywho, I've already got the tattoo we all should get.... a watchtower spider:

alt

• Highlander
    Highlander

I really do like the 'watchtower spider'

Leaving the web of lies behind.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Sorry guys, love the concept, but hate the spider. How about a pretty flower??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit