"still, it's not the end" - annoying JW comments

by needproof 14 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

A good man I used to know from the JW days died today of cancer. He was in his mid thirties and I feel really bad for his wife. He was a great guy.

I spoke to an old JW friend about it via email and at the end of the email he wrote 'Still, it's not the end'. Does this not show an infantile spiritual condition?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has 2 irritating ways of addressing this: It was his end though not the end of 6.5 billion non-JWs. Both are cruel. I'm sorry about your friend. Death at any age is a shock to all involved.

Actually, based on current WTS reasoning, the sheep and goats won't be judged until Jesus appears with the angels when Babylon the Great is destroyed. Thus, every person who dies before that has a sure bet of being resurrected into the WTS paradise. I hope JWs are not going door to door with weapons now (just kidding).

Love, Blondie

• needproof
    needproof

Interesting point you bring out about the Sheep and the Goats. I could never understand it, and I remember them saying that people like Hitler, Stalin and DARWIN would not get resurrected, although it is not for us to say!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That's only one creepy thing about death in wbts. They console themselves with the thought that the one who has passed got an automatic ticket to paradise.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    That's only one creepy thing about death in wbts. They console themselves with the thought that the one who has passed got an automatic ticket to paradise. sassy

They have to believe something good because if they really thought about their loved one being nonexistent it would send them to rubber room.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Thus, every person who dies before that has a sure bet of being resurrected into the WTS paradise.

I wonder if this is why Christian Longo murdered his wife and three children. That way they would be assured of a resurrection.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Have I told you all lately how much I hate this life-destroying heartless cult?

Hugs and unconditional love to all who want or need them.

Needproof, sorry about your friend brother.

Nice comments as always Blondie. Hope you're feeling better.

Interesting, on-spot comments Honesty. sass_my_frass, and Bonnie_Clyde.

• showmelight
    showmelight

That's only one creepy thing about death in wbts. They console themselves with the thought that the one who has passed got an automatic ticket to paradise. actually it doesnt mean that they will inherit the earth. everybody has a chance of forgiveness and to learn about jehovah and jesus,, why do you think there is a 1000 year rein for christ?

• Threestars
    Threestars

One of the most bizarre things I ever heard was a comment that surely Jehovah will "erase all memory of our non JW and DFed loved ones after they are destroyed at armageddon. That way we won't have to be sad over them and can truly enjoy living in the paradise earth."

At first I thought that this was just a nonsensical rant by a deluded fool, but later I determined that quite a few of the JWs believe this way and say this to each other.

(I came across this in a letter to my Dad written to him by another JW as I was going through his papers after his death. They were talking about me. It really upset me since I had been his sole care and comfort-giver for his last days on this earth. The PO had made one brief vist to pray or something and of course I had to leave the room.)

This is more than annoying--it's evil!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Interesting dilemma regarding the Witnesses who die . . . almost paradoxical. They can't be "anointed" because that group is . . . so special. They can't be "other sheep" because those are judged and identified in the future, and they can't be called "great crowd", because those pass through Armageddon without dying.

So . . . who are they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit