"still, it's not the end" - annoying JW comments

by needproof 14 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

"...DARWIN would not get resurrected"

Did some JWs really say that?....and then immediately say that they weren't judging anyone?

Amazing the self-delusion displayed by some Witnesses.

--VM44

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Threestars-'One of the most bizarre things I ever heard was a comment that surely Jehovah will "erase all memory of our non JW and DFed loved ones after they are destroyed at armageddon. That way we won't have to be sad over them and can truly enjoy living in the paradise earth." '

That's a ghastly thought and shows the Witness cultlike attitude. I have heard this discussed also and it gave me the creeps. Much of what we are is because of our memories of events and others. I think the reasoning was based on the scripture that says 'the former things will not be called to mind'

The longer I am outside looking in the more I wonder how I was so blind!

• Highlander
    Highlander

I recall the j-dubs stating that worldlyâ„¢ christians believe their loved ones go to heaven upon death, yet because they cry and mourn at the funeral it indicates they do not truly

believe in a heavenly hope. Therefore they must be wrong.

Then the j-dubs say something to the effect of:

That's only one creepy thing about death in wbts. They console themselves with the thought that the one who has passed got an automatic ticket to paradise.

But yet, the j-dubs cry and mourn at j-dub funerals. I guess maybe the j-dubs are wrong too.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Actually, based on current WTS reasoning, the sheep and goats won't be judged until Jesus appears with the angels when Babylon the Great is destroyed. Thus, every person who dies before that has a sure bet of being resurrected into the WTS paradise. I hope JWs are not going door to door with weapons now (just kidding).

Blondie,

First, I hope you are ok. I have been concerned for awhile after your post a few weeks ago.

Second, this is a good point that I don't think the r&f fully appreciate. If you die before the GT, you will be resurrected. Living to the end and you only have a .000001% chance of surviving. Using that logic, every tragedy should be welcomed with rejoicing. According to the wt, the 9/11 victims will be resurrected. If the event never happened, they would most likely die at amogedon that is shortly upon us.

Go figure.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    "...DARWIN would not get resurrected"

Huh? How can that be? Darwin has been resurrected three times so far....

*penny drops*

Oh! The scientist!

*crickets in background*

Sorry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit