Notes: Friday District Convention - Follow the Anointed Who Follow Christ

by truthseeker 46 Replies latest jw friends

• uninformed
    uninformed

gumby hit the nail on the head:

Christ didn't make the mistakes they have made....yet comparing them to him, he did. They are the biggest blashemers against christ and Jehovah, yet they blame christendom for holding the title.

brant

• Dagney
    Dagney

Grrrrr.

I had a talk with a JW regarding the DC's, and they said their "expectations were low but he was hopeful, anything with more Jesus is good." I hate to rain on people's parade, but get a load of the recent WT studies (thank you Blondi!)...there is nothing at all that shows the WT is doing any more direction toward Christ. Nothing.

Thank you Truthseeker for the update. (I wonder if you are here at the S Cal conventions?)

Dagney (of the "glad I'm not there" class)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

As I said before, there was nothing objectionable about most of the talks for Friday UNTIL the last talk where they introduce the concept of the anointed and faithful slave.

Any Bible student attending would have felt that these people truly follow the sayings of Jesus. The last talk prepares their semi-conscious mind for an intermediary between

themselves and Jesus Christ.

The frog in the pot of increasingly hot water comes to mind.

I swear there is a malevolent intelligence about the person/s who design this talk.

I've wondered if it is just the instinct of self-serving manipulators at work, or is there a deliberate, educated intellect behind the mind-control tactics?

They Keep Following the Lamb No Matter Where He Goes was the last talk of the Friday afternoon program.

Sounds like the GB operates like an APB system: "He's on the move......leaving the right-hand of God, heading down Main........all cars in the vicinity be on the look-out for His invisidible presence........."

• juni
    juni

I want to go back and read the entire thread truthseeker, but to answer one poster's question about the assemblies starting early, a friend said there was one being held this weekend in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

I don't remember them starting that early here before.

Juni

IF JEHOVAH AND JESUS TRUST THE "FAITHFUL AND DISRCEET SLAVE" SHOULDN'T WE?

Boy is that a loaded question.......more control. WoW!!

• Frank75
    Frank75
    I look at the governing body like the chariter called Landru, in the Star Trek series as they keep trying to absorb you like he does. ("It is the will of Landru") when all along Landru was just a big computer controling everyone.

I have this one permanently recorded on my Tivo. It is a must see for anyone pondering the usefulness of the Watchtower religion. (Uselessness actually)

Frank75

• Frank75
    Frank75

IF JEHOVAH AND JESUS TRUST THE "FAITHFUL AND DISRCEET SLAVE" SHOULDN'T WE?

This is a theme that has often been woven by Watchtower through many talks, books and articles.

However Dubs lurking here should note these scriptures to follow. Claiming to "Follow the Bible" or base their beliefs on the Bible, it would be interesting to invite their mental gymnastics to get around the advice found.

(Psalm 25:2) 2 O my God, in you have I put my trust; O may I not be ashamed. May my enemies not exult over me.

(Psalm 40:4) 4 Happy is the able-bodied man that has put Jehovah as his trust And that has not turned his face to defiant people, Nor to those falling away to lies.

(Psalm 118:8-9) 8 It is better to take refuge in God Than to trust in earthling man. 9 It is better to take refuge in God Than to trust in nobles.

(Psalm 119:42) 42 That I may answer the one reproaching me with a word, For I have trusted in your word.

(Psalm 146:3) 3 Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.

(Proverbs 29:25) 25 Trembling at men is what lays a snare, but he that is trusting in God will be protected.

(Jeremiah 9:4) 4 "Guard yourselves each one against his own companion, and put YOUR trust in no brother at all.. . .

(Jeremiah 17:5) . . .: "Cursed is the able-bodied man who puts his trust in earthling man and actually makes flesh his arm. . .

(Jeremiah 28:15) . . ."Listen, please, O Han·a·ni´ah! God has not sent you, but you yourself have caused this people to trust in a falsehood. . .

(Micah 7:5-6) 5 Do not put YOUR faith in a companion. Do not put YOUR trust in a confidential friend. From her who is lying in your bosom guard the openings of your mouth. 6 For a son is despising a father; a daughter is rising up against her mother; a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man’s enemies are the men of his household.

There is just no bible support for trusting in men, as virtually every reference is to trust God or his word but never men. The Watchtower is actually defying the warning found in scripture. They have to, because their existence relies upon the deception.

IMHO

My wife's Grandmother died a few years back, and one afternoon while she was lamenting the condition in the "brotherhood" she asked a question similar, "shouldn't we trust the elders and the society?"

I read these verses to her one by one. It gave her great peace with reconciling the problems of her chosen religion. Although not one for making waves she continued to defy the elders and family who told her not to talk to me.

At her funeral talk I had some small comfort while being forced to sit at the rear of the hall, that the man who was giving the talk and had never met the woman, was so wrong about what he thought she believed.

Frank75

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

If Jehovah and Jesus trust the WT, so should we?? Trust them how? To provide accurate information? Several prophecies(?) have failed. Trust them to build up families? They destroy them by shunning. Trust them to protect the flock? They harbor pedophiles and punish children who have been molested.

WT and lurkers: You are without a doubt, the most ignorant, arrogant and stupid people I have EVER seen on this earth. Your collective IQ's don't average that of a plant. How dare you set yourself up as God's organization??

All the posts here were good. I loved the one listed how we shouldn't trust in men. I guess the WT can't read. I don't intend to leave my fate in the hand's of illiterate rapists and liars.

For Ted Jaracz: "The proctologist called, they found your head."

end of line

• ALEX_2003
    ALEX_2003

Just before we were dismissed for lunch, the speaker said that "the wonderful music we heard before the start of the program can be obtained as a CD from September 1" - talk about advertising. is the n.10 Kingdom melodies ?????????????????

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Alex: I've always wondered, (being a professional musician on the side), what any JW had to sing about. Has anyone ever looked at their faces when they sing? Or do you remember how you felt when you had to stand 3 times each meeting and mouth that boring garbage?

I'd bet any money that if the meetings dropped singing, most JW's would celebrate. The music is bad enough but those lyrics suck big time.

And yes, let's use the "microphone time" to advertise buying these CD's. But when the medical people (my wife was an RN and I was always the overseer of the first aid stations) wanted a brief announcement made to the convention attendees NOT to leave babies in the sun (three died at one convention alone), the convention overseer said they couldn't waste precious "microphone time" on PERSONAL ANNOUNCEMENTS!! Does anyone remember people passing out and/or dying at these outdoor conventions? I went to Philly many times and it got to 130 degrees inside that concrete bowl. The WT is made up of insane men who don't give a damn about anything but their own private agendas. Yes, let's allow babies and old people to die of sunstroke while we deliver worthless, lying talks about nothing of value to anyone. HYPOCRITES!!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    And yes, let's use the "microphone time" to advertise buying these CD's. But when the medical people (my wife was an RN and I was always the overseer of the first aid stations) wanted a brief announcement made to the convention attendees NOT to leave babies in the sun (three died at one convention alone), the convention overseer said they couldn't waste precious "microphone time" on PERSONAL ANNOUNCEMENTS!! Does anyone remember people passing out and/or dying at these outdoor conventions?

That's unspeakable...!

And to think, SD has the last outdoor convention in the nation...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit