Notes: Friday District Convention - Follow the Anointed Who Follow Christ

by truthseeker 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Beware of men that seek power and control for they surely will make you their slaves.........Oh those self anointed assholes

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Keep following the "lamb"--through blood transfusion law changes, different stances on higher education, and ever-changin "new light"--wherever they feel like going!

Thanks for the notes. I know when to nap, then...

• Honesty
    Honesty
    IF JEHOVAH AND JESUS TRUST THE "FAITHFUL AND DISRCEET SLAVE" SHOULDN'T WE? truthseeker

They don't trust them anymore than we do.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

So Jehovah and Jesus trust the FDS because the FDS says they do, and because the FDS says Jehovah and Jesus trust them so we should trust the FDS. That is awesome on several levels.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, Sacrificial Loon, you've uncovered the circle that keeps millions of hamsters running 'round.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    I think the new release is a book about Jesus, haven't seen it yet.

It is about jesus, apparently, and is called "Come, Be My Follower", a 192
    page paperback. The only thing "new" about it will be the title, of course.
    The content will be the same old recycled, repackaged crap.

• gumby
    gumby

Jesus said, "A slave is not greater than his master." - How does the Society correlate the two?

Excellent point truthseeker....and your post was awesome.....well stated!

The society has always been real good at packaging whatever it is that they are trying to instill in the publishers. It's like passive aggresion, they seem like they are saying the right thing while all the while their motive isn't what you expect.

Follow them as we follow Jesus eh? If we all followed what they had believed just post 1918 ( the year christ approved them as his Slave), we'd all be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

Christ didn't make the mistakes they have made....yet comparing them to him, he did. They are the biggest blashemers against christ and Jehovah, yet they blame christendom for holding the title.

Gumby

• greendawn
    greendawn

The key to understanding that this is one more piece of manipulation (will their sinister habits ever change?) is the fact that the anointed are to all intents and purposes the handful of the GB members and their inner circle, the rest are a non entity since they are not allowed under pain of expulsion to contribute anything to the ideology or administration of the org. To the naive dub following the anointed means following those 8000 "anointed" or at least the hundreds among them taht are sincere and faithful but in fact they are following only a dozen people that have been consumed by the lust for power and control. That Jesus chose them is such a transparent deception that I wonder why most dubs believe in this crashing nonsense. One would expect a much better spiritual performance in terms of actions and knowledge from people of such magnificent credentials.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

He says there are three lines of reasoning to prove the FDS was selected by Christ? What are they? From what you have recounted the speaker offered no such proof. Such typical JW shill-gaming.

• uninformed
    uninformed
    Truthseeker wrote:

IF JEHOVAH AND JESUS TRUST THE "FAITHFUL AND DISRCEET SLAVE" SHOULDN'T WE?

Just exactly what proof is there that he does trust them.

Saying don't make it so.

I would say that HE has yet to entrust them with any correct prophesying! 1874, 1914, 1919, 1925, 1943, 1975, by the end of the twentieth century, etc.....the end was coming last year, oops, no this year, whatever. Eventually we will be right.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit