WHAT DID THE WATCHTOWER STEAL FROM YOU?

by nvrgnbk 48 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

Well now let me see Virginia, they took a lot of the fun out of me and my brothers and sisters and now my kids lifes that we I could have had in school, with all the fun holidays, and of course the very idea of me having the hell beat out of me, off and on, for not saluting the flag was always fun. I would have loved to play basket ball on the school team, but rather than that my good old dad kicked my hinney all the way back home for doing extra curricular activities. I remember in Jr. High I had this mean ass principal he would make me sing the star spangled banner cause I was a witness over the loud speaker on Monday mornings, I would love to find him and kick his hinney now that I am so big. I always wanted to have a nice Christmas with my family, not cause I ever had one, just cause I always wanted one will all the pretty lights. Looking back I should have taken my daughters out for some good old trick or treating one of my daughters died so I missed out on that with her all because of listening to some stupid magazine and book publishing company writing them selfs off as demigods. The girl in the picture is my daughter Spring, she died from a doctor prescribed over dose of methadone, I know I will see her again in the resurection.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your daughter PinTail.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

youth money time energy weekends

• PinTail
    PinTail

Thak you so much, here is some information on methadone: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/472711451?ltl=1162001553

I remember when Spring my daughter that died passed away none of the witness's came to her visitation. But I received upwards of forty letters from the original Bible Students from all over the country, I never seen such an out poring of sympathy, I still have them letters. These letter were not just sympathy cards, they were heart felt and hand written, and many of them were signed by all those in their respective bible groups. It still blows me away. I am considering framing them as a tribute to true Christian love.

As you can tell I am now a member of the Bible Students.

Shane

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

My childhood, a chance at an education, my family, a daughter and 2 grandchildren, and my sanity.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Lazy mornings in bed at the weekends, fun with "worldly friends", education/career and now my closest friends and my husbands family. Still, onwards and upwards now we are free...... and thankfully now my own kids will never have these things stolen from them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks to one and all for the replies.

I see that we've all experienced so much of the same sense of loss.

Regarding the comments of some that these things were not stolen but rather we gave them willingly, so we must take full responsibility ourselves:

I get what you are saying and the attempt at taking responsibility for one's own decisions is a healthy thing. However, we were led to believe, many of us since infancy, that the Watchtower and God were one and the same. With the power of this suggestion implanted in the young or indoctrinated mind, it's easy to be robbed.

To healing and new life!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades
    The Drive Home Tonight,Crying.

Post 1089 of 2641
    since 04-Aug-02

Let's see,where do I start?I decided to have a quiet drive home after work.It takes about one and half hours.No CD playing,no Talk Radio,no News, just a quiet drive listening to my own thoughts.I'm not concentrating on any one thing,just kind of letting my mind flow wherever it wants to.

Then it starts,my mind goes back to when our children were small.As I'm driving I am having this flashback,I'm going to save my family from dying at Armageddon,why the little ones are dependant on us for their future life happiness.

There will be no Birthday parties,holiday celebrations,even though one of them was born on the 4th of July.No extra-curricular activities at school,and everyone will know that they don't salute the flag,nor sing the national anthem.And at the infirmary they know that they are not to take blood.

After school homework,the preparing for meetings,more studying comes next.No TV. tonight,it's a meeting night.Oh Goody,the weekend is here,now we can go out and play.Sorry,we have to go out in field service,Mommy and Daddy will show you how to have so much fun in the field service on Saturday and Sunday.

I start to cry,literally,there is real pain in my chest and a lump in my throat.As I have this flashback on the drive home tonight.I think of how I robbed my children of their childhood,I'm getting very emotional and angry,a picture flashes across my mind of all those years,30 plus,that I lost for my wife and children.The opportunities that we turned down,we are going to survive Armageddon!

I have had a talked with my family about my regrets over having put my family through this before and they don't blame me.They feel that I was doing what I thought was the best for them at the time.They forgive me,but I having yet forgiven myself.

The family says that they learned something about life,religion etc.That the experience has not made them bitter,and they have moved on.The children are happily married and doing fine.My wife and I are doing the best that we can with what time we have left.We are in our sixties,no retirement or pension fund.Taking it day to day.

This is what happened on the quiet drive home tonight,it's been a year and a half of being inactive and still the flashbacks of the past 30 something years in the Watchtower and all of what that has entail in raising my family still wells up inside me when I try to rest my mind and think of nothing.

I cried all the way home for one and a half hours,pain in my chest and heart,my head feeling like it would explode,angry at the society for the big chunk of life that they stole from us.

And I thought of so many others sharing the same feelings and experiences as my family,and those still stuck inside.Soon as I arrived home,I collected myself together and said:"HI Honey,I'm Home! Yes really home with someone who truly loves me and loved me for the past 37 years! My Wife.And that they can never take away.

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I thought that the above old post might express an answer to your question. No retirement, no pension, etc. Us older ones have to start all over to get the benefits we need.

Blueblades

• Frank75
    Frank75

Saturday morning cartoons.

Sorry, just being funny - it's not something I like to think about too much!

I lost out on Happy Days because it was on meeting nights. The issue was not watching it but being left out of, or feeling awkward in a peer group because of not knowing what everyone was going on about.

It could've been worse I suppose. There was a family where the Dad refused to get a TV.

We used to tease the crap out of them to compensate for what we got at school.

Sigh!

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit