Had to do it..this is to all the moms..

by Heather 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Heather
    Heather

Tell us storys of all the fun exciting stuff that your kids did when your back was turned.

My most recent finding was yesterday. I took a shower while my kids were playing(thats what i though) in their room. After i dressed I went downstairs to notice shinny little footprints all over the new wood floors...hmmmm curious....I follow them......and saw that my 2 year old had found a can of pam cooking spray and was trying to shine up the wood floor with it. There was a nice big puddle in front of the fridge....and of course when I face my 2 and 3 year old to ask who did it....what do they say.."but mom, I didn't do nothing"

Ahhh kids...gotta love them

• BFD
    BFD

What wonderful little helpers you have. I'm not a mom but once when I was watching my little sister (many moons ago) she painted the walls with the contents of her dirty diaper.

BFD

• restrangled
    restrangled

My youngest son when he was 3 (he is now 18) had a very inquiring mind. He would wake up in the middle of the night and experiment. One night he pushed a kitchen chair to the counter and brought down an open bottle of red wine and an opened bottle of olive oil. He brought the 2 items over to the white carpet in the living room and proceeded to pour the contents of each into the carpet.

One night he climbed again and swallowed half a bottle of flinstone vitamins, bringing the other half to me at about 3:00 am. Because they contained iron, we had to run to the emergency room and have him drink what seemed to be a quart of liquid containing charcoal. This was not a happy experience.

One night he got into one of my girlfriend's purses who was staying overnight and ate all her pink birth control pills. After calling the poisen control center, they said the BC pills would not harm little boys.

My oldest has a whole set of shenanigans which is another post all together.

Is it just boys? I don't hear about little girls doing this stuff!

r.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am not a mom but I'll talk about myself.

I remember finding some "kool-aide" in the fridge. My mom never made kool-aide because she wanted me to drink juice instead. I thought it must be a special occasion since my friends were there playing and she made it for my friends and didn't tell us. (I was about 7) So I fixed us all a glass My mom comes out to the swing set asking if I had seen her hummingbird nector she just made up. We all had red mustaches ... LOL

Embarrasing story -- She found me trying to massage my back with her vibrator once. I had no idea what it was. Now I think ... "EEEWWWW" (And yes, my mom was a JW)

• juni
    juni

Cute thread Heather!

I raised 4 kids. They are adults now w/their own families. I have 6 grandkids. It's funny to see/hear them deal w/the same issues I had to sort out.

And I'm sure all moms would agree that in every house resides "not me" and "I don't know." LOL

Juni

• daystar
    daystar

Not really fair to restrict this to moms only.

My ex-wife once woke up from her daily naps on the couch to find that our 2 year old son had decided to open her finger nail polish she had left on the bookshelf and paint his nails, his face, my throw, the bookshelf, the recliner...

Another time, at 2 years, he thought to throw his toy phone across his room and shattered his bedroom window.

He hasn't done anything like that lately. At 6 now, he more often surprises me by the "good" things he does. He recently made up his bed, very well I must say, without my having to remind him. And he has taken to reading books to his Fuzzy Wuzzy (stuffed leopard, looks more like a teddy bear) some nights.

Lately, he has taken to "group hugs". Last time he, Brigid and myself went to visit my parents, as we were leaving, he insisted on all of us sharing a group hug. And usually, when Brigid doesn't spend the night and is leaving for her place, he wants us all to hunker down and share a big hug. Very sweet.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I have 3 girls ages 12, 11 and 9. When my youngest daughter was 8, we had our son. She had a difficult time adjusting to the fact that she was no longer the baby.

Well, she took my Down pillow and began having a pillow fight just for fun. After noticing there was a little hole in it, she decided she didn't want to get feathers all over the house so she took the pillow fight outside.

Mind you, we live in the Pacific NW on the coast and it is soooo windy here! My husband drove across the bridge to our property and he wanted to know why the heck there were feathers flying everywhere!!!???!!! We picked up just about every single little feather as a family while the wind was whipping all those feathers around. They were everywhere!!! We live and work at a resort so we had to clean up the mess. There wasn't an option. :)

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Daystar -- I hope to have a sweet kid like yours one day :)

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Whenever my daughter did something inappropriate (around pre-school and toddler age), like picking her nose (very frequently), I'd say, "don't do that" and she would always, always, always say "I'm not" while ceasing the undesirable activity in front of me. It was rather amusing.

• ninja
    ninja

again....it's one rule for kids and one rule for men.....when I have a few drinks and have a pillow fight with the police...my wife is livid...then I pick my nose and eat it...she doesn't find it hilarious ....she gets all annoyed....then when I pull my trousers and pants down and do a funny dance....she gets off the bus and then doesn't speak to me for weeks.....ninja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit