More help needed... if you can! (for FHN)

by bebu 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Someone mentioned maybe on this thread, maybe on FHN's thread, that there is a fee if you use PayPal connected to a credit card? Is this true? Would FHN have to pay a fee, and not get the full amount? I didn't read that anywhere in PayPal?

• bebu
    bebu

GGBG, FHN told me that she had to pay a fee off of the funds she received from credit/debit cards. My account is linked to my bank account, and she said she did not have to pay fees in that case.

I don't know how much the fees are--$1 or so? A percentage? I can't look it up at present but if someone else wants to they can let us all know the details.

bebu

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks to the several people who contacted me today so far!!

You're all loverly!

bebu

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Perhaps there is a fee only if you have no PP account. My account was empty, I (allegedly) had the choice between (1) transferring funds to the account (which would have taken 8-10 days and was not currently available for some reason) and (2) paying directly from my (already registered) credit card / bank account. No fee was mentioned (that I noticed) but it would be good to know what actually happened.

Anyway, in the present circumstances the time factor might be more important than the possible fee.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Perhaps there is a fee only if you have no PP account. My account was empty, I (allegedly) had the choice between (1) transferring funds to the account (which would have taken 8-10 days and was not currently available for some reason) and (2) paying directly from my (already registered) credit card / bank account. No fee was mentioned (that I noticed) but it would be good to know what actually happened.

Anyway, in the present circumstances the time factor might be more important than the possible fee.

Yes, I agree, it would be useful to know for future reference if I had a fee or not. Perhaps I shall PM FHN and inquire of this. So I can go from there. i.e. learn the best choice so as not to havce to pay fees. If I pay $50 I want the recipient to receive $50, not $48 or $49!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Bebu and everyone. The boys and I are very grateful. This is helping to ease some big fears over funds. I may lose my job before any leave can be established. They are dragging their feet about the leave. Why do we have unions anymore if they don't fight for us? We appreciate your kind help.

• Cellist
    Cellist

bttt

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks, cellist, for the bttt. I (and FHN I'm sure) would appreciate this thread (and hers) being brought BTTT throughout the week, a few times a day. So those of you who want to help in a very simple way, this is one!

I spoke with FHN last night. There's a ton on her plate, but she is hanging in there. Things change dramatically daily in several areas of her life (Andy, work, $, custody, Andy's folks), so the ride has been exceptionally stresfull.

And again: Thanks to everyone who has given (or will give) her any personal help.

bebu

• Spectre
    Spectre

I'm taking off in a few minutes and I'll be back on monday night. I'll send some money then.

• Cellist
    Cellist

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit