More help needed... if you can! (for FHN)

by bebu 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet

also try to frame difficulties as investments. FHN needs a hand up for a short bit. She's a good investment. We can't afford to lose a smart cookie like her from the board.

bebu

I completely agree. I am in a bit of a financial mess myself at the moment - but it doesnt involve losing a small child and her need is greater than mine. I am sending a small amount which I hope will help shortly, but intend to send a little each month if I can.

• hubert
    hubert

Can someone set up a P.O, box for her so she can receive money orders?

Hubert

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good Idea, I'm just a little leary about the paypal thing and giving my bank info over the internet (I know, a little paranoid).

Anyway, I'll PM her and get her information so I can mail something to her directly.

I'll also help to keep this BTT

nj

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

Could someone PM me with the appropriate info. I prefer paypal so all i need is an email address.

• Sirona
    Sirona

PM me the info please.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Just sent you a PM Sirona!

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Somebody please send me her PayPal address. We sent FHN a check via snailmail on Monday, but I can also send some money via PayPal today.

• bebu
    bebu

I've just sent out pms, too.

Thanks to EVERYONE who has responded privately. AND those who have posted here, which also encourages others to respond.

...Now, if only one of us had connections in Grand Rapids area... I used to live there a LONG time ago, so I am disconnected from folks I knew. A person who can volunteer some time to babysit a few nights or clean house would be ideal. Anyone know of such a person...? (Any apostates out there in GR?)

The Angel Food Ministry director I spoke with (Jo) is an angel herself!! The Angel Food program is run by local churches which distribute food monthly to families after they retrieve supplies from a distribution warehouse. Generally you have to sign up a few weeks in advance for the food, but the church found a way around that for FHN. And they also decided they would waive the $25 fee for her. The church distributes to more than 400 families each month; I was impressed that they really cared about individual needs and could adjust for FHN. (And I didn't ask them to do that, either.)

Oh, and hubert, you have a pm!

bebu

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Bebu - thanks for all the practical assistance you are giving!

Now, if only one of us had connections in Grand Rapids area... I used to live there a LONG time ago, so I am disconnected from folks I knew. A person who can volunteer some time to babysit a few nights or clean house would be ideal. Anyone know of such a person...? (Any apostates out there in GR?)

I wish I could be nearer as I would so want to help out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit