New Stupid Assembly Rules

by WTWizard 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

Back when I was a teenager (1953-1963), I volunteered to work in the food serving, or wash up afterwards, as that got me away from my abusive father who thought nothing of slapping me if I wiggled too much, or somehow made him think I wasn't paying attention.

And I got to meet girls that were not from my congregation. I made several pen pals that way.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave
    And of course they will have to do the Sheep Roundup. They are going to have to physically carry me in on a board if they are to have any chance of getting me into this craphouse. And even then they have to wonder what apostate Web site I will be stirring up once I get there.

WT Wizard, I don't think any of US are wondering which website! Might it be http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com ? All in fun, WT, I love that site. Roller

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, that is one of the sites that I recommend most. They are all good in their own way--the more comprehensive they are at exposing the Tower doctrines and then backing the expose up with actual material from the Watchtower publications and the Bible, the higher I tend to rate a site. I am hoping that yet other sites that are yet beyond the horizon will do them one better--and for that one to end up on Google under the search for Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Sasha
    Sasha

These rules were always in effect in my assemblies when I was in.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Sounds like the Pharasiees.

Bangalore

• Badfish
    Badfish

A bunch of people said they want to keep the opposite sex from meeting each other from different congregations. I would think they'd want them to meet to keep them from going out and meeting "worldly people." Isn't that supposed to be like some badge of honor for married Witnesses? Like when someone asks them how they met, they're like "oh, we met at the 1995 District Convention." Doesn't that make them sound more spiritual than "oh, we met in college."

So no? They want people to marry only within their own congregations?

• label licker
    label licker

You guys would fit in at our district conventions with the signs. We have the attendants roaming the corridors holding up signs stateing please be quiet.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

keep on truckin

This is just so strange.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The 'please keep moving' sign creates another privilege that they can give to zealous young brothers who meets the spiritual qualifications to hold a sign.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"The One Towel Rule"

Why use towels at all?

Wash hands, rinse, and let the air dry or leave them wet. That way when someone tries to shake hands, they can shake a wet hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit