New Stupid Assembly Rules

by WTWizard 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard on this discussion board numerous rules that apply to upcoming a$$emblies. Some are designed to stop people from meeting the opposite sex; others, to make sure everyone is always ready to recruit new members into the scam. Here are some I have heard of:

(1) Sitting together with your congregation. I heard that some KM inserts have been urging those whose congregation has cleaning assignments to sit in the section that they are assigned to clean. This makes meeting the opposite sex more difficult, and it makes it harder for someone to fake making the a$$emblies by showing up for the first morning and then walking out. It also makes the a$$emblies blur in with each other, since you are not going to meet anyone special at any of them.

(2) Staying dressed up after the a$$embly is dismissed. You are supposed to go to McDonald's dressed up and with your name badges on. Supposedly, this is another form of advertising for your MLMreligion.

(3) The One Towel Rule. Using only one towel to dry your hands might save them money. However, the towels are sized for children's hands to prevent wasting an adult sized towel on a child. Men's hands are generally larger, and it is going to take more than one towel to fully dry them. It also takes extra towels to clean up the mess after you wash your hands.

(4) Staying in the building for lunch. This is so people won't take off after the morning session and not come back, perhaps using the remaining time to explore the city and its surroundings. It also limits what you can eat for lunch, since most motels lack refrigerators.

(5) Not using vending machines within the facilities. I can understand not allowing people to use the cigarette machines, since no one is supposed to smoke and people are there that are bothered by smoke. However, these are not issues for candy. Not allowing children to have any candy is rather tough, since there is no fun for them, and they are going to get restless and act up after sitting there for hours at a time. I don't think it's fair to expect children to sit there for no reward, since they are now going to have to stay in that suit once the program dismisses.

(6) Many a$$embly Hells have other rules. There are rules against candy (I can see for gum, since gum is extremely difficult to clean up and gets stuck on the floor and the seats. But candy?). They have rules against ink pens in some A$$embly Hells, since they can mark the seats. All of them have rules against running and playing, which are designed to p*&^ off the children. They have rules against using flash bulbs (who would need them anyway, with today's digital cameras). Many have rules against videotaping part or all the a$$emblies, especially now that one could put the whole drama up on YouTube or other video sharing program. You cannot wear headphones in the a$$embly Hells unless they have special arrangements for deaf people to wear them (then you put in a MP3 player or mini disc player in place of the tuner) and playing with the Game Boy during the a$$embly. Some even ban these devices during intermissions!

Anyone out there that has similar experiences? Perhaps they were extra strict on something, or had other stupid rules that are not listed here? Or new upcoming rules that you have heard about, either from the KM or from the talks leading to the Main Events?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Wow I didn't realize how bad it is getting. It seems they wish to suck the life blood right out of you and give you a joyless, sexless, rule oreinted regime where the tiniest infraction causes indignation. The rules in regard to children show very clearly how these bullies and control freaks, literally, can take candy from a baby, and get full approval from the parents. It seems they will stop at nothing for absolute control. I wonder how far they can actually stretch that.

Then these folks have to present themselves as Jehovahs happy people. That's like sayin " not only are you gonna do it, Your gonna do it with a smile. That's like slap in the face!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It looks like control to me. If a young child sees a sweet (candy) machine, it's quite 'normal' for them to 'want' - they learn from an early age that any pleasure is FORBIDDEN in the Cult.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I always thought having parking lot attendents was stupid.

• winnie
    winnie

Why wouldn't you be allowed to use the candy vending machines??? Is it because maybe the money going into these machines isn't going into the contribution boxes? Or because they don't get a 'cut' of the profits?

Do most really abide by these rules??? I know when I went to assemblies, and the hot dog/ice cream vendors were outside, I lined up (along with many others). I don't see what the big deal is.

Hey...

I know I can hire the Peters/Nestle ice cream vans, maybe I should park one out the front and make some $$$.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Ask Gary Buss about not being able to buy candy from a vending machine pre-1975. If I remember how the story goes, an attendent argued with Gary about his buying the candy and the next day there was a "Out Of Order" sign posted on the perfectly working vending machine. Gary went ahead and made another purchase from the vending machine for his son and once again a hot-headed attendent chewed him out.

Isolated incident, perhaps, but I bet it has happened at other assemblies.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Two Watch Tower attendants belly pushed my three year old son and I away from a vending machine at a Witness district assembly. Just another day in the life of a Jehovah's Witness.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Staying dressed up after the a$$embly is dismissed. You are supposed to go to McDonald's dressed up and with your name badges on. Supposedly, this is another form of advertising for your MLMreligion.
    The One Towel Rule. Using only one towel to dry your hands might save them money. However, the towels are sized for children's hands to prevent wasting an adult sized towel on a child.
    Staying in the building for lunch. This is so people won't take off after the morning session and not come back, perhaps using the remaining time to explore the city and its surroundings. It also limits what you can eat for lunch, since most motels lack refrigerators.
    Not using vending machines within the facilities.

What the??? Next thing they'll just lock everyone in the building for the weekend, forcing them to sleep on the floor (men & women separate of course), everyone pays $100 a night "donation" plus food. During the sessions they can get elders to walk up and down the aisles with a large horse whip, striking anyone who is fidgeting, is without their kingdom smile or not taking enough notes.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And of course they will have to do the Sheep Roundup. They are going to have to physically carry me in on a board if they are to have any chance of getting me into this craphouse. And even then they have to wonder what apostate Web site I will be stirring up once I get there.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Some are designed to stop people from meeting the opposite sex;

What would be the point of going to the assembly at all then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit