If Creationism is true explain races.

by DeViL DriVeR 76 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• golf2
    golf2

They say, "variety is the spice of life". I personally know of people with have children that don't resemble each other. You know, I don't let such things CONTROL my life. I have better things to do/think and I do them. Right now, I'm having a glass of wine !!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have yet another totally different take on the question of race: There. Is. No. Such. Thing.

The concept of race is something invented by ignorant ancient people who thought that human beings who looked different than themselves belonged to a different species.

In reality, isn't this myth of "racial differences" no more than a bit more melanin or a different eye/skin color? I doubt there's a debate about how blue-eyed babies born to brown-eyed parents have mutated.

I know, I know....you're going to say that people of the same race share facial features too. OK, but why attribute that to race? If they have ancestors in common, why should it be attributed to anything but being a blood relative, albeit a distant relative?

• tmo1965
    tmo1965
    Genetic diversity is a part of our design.

Adam and Eve probably looked like very good-looking Hebrews (educated guess), but they carried the genetic diversity sufficient for all types of skin tones, hair types, etc.

For example: the different breeds of dogs come about through crossbreeding followed by generations of inbreeding, to bring out the desired characteristics that are locked within the genetic code.

That's the point I was trying to make. Also, looking at it from funkyDerek's point of view, we would have to consider the generations between Adam and Noah AND the generations between Noah and Nimrod. At any rate, I believe that all the genetic codes were created within Adam and Eve and have been passed down through the generations.

• tmo1965
    tmo1965
    I have yet another totally different take on the question of race: There. Is. No. Such. Thing.

The concept of race is something invented by ignorant ancient people who thought that human beings who looked different than themselves belonged to a different species.

In reality, isn't this myth of "racial differences" no more than a bit more melanin or a different eye/skin color? I doubt there's a debate about how blue-eyed babies born to brown-eyed parents have mutated.

I know, I know....you're going to say that people of the same race share facial features too. OK, but why attribute that to race? If they have ancestors in common, why should it be attributed to anything but being a blood relative, albeit a distant relative?

I have to agree with you 100%. In fact, the differences between human genes is less than .1%.

• py
    py

I asked that question to a JW and the answer he gave me was that Adam and Eve were coloured. But the question can also be reversed - If Evolution is true explain races.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

What a wonderful creator we have, Jehovah.

I might be an exJehovah Witness but I still believe Jehovah explained everything to Job, "Where were you when I created!"

For Job it was so wonderful his mind could not understand, so why does anyone think today that they could even understand how Jehovah did it!

Some people are angry at the JWs but it has nothing to do with your personal relationship with Jehovah.

Nothing compares to the Bible answers to creations.

So I believe all races through time came from two of our parents, Adam and Eve.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I just had dinner with my Uncle this evening. It's really tough to even figure out WHAT race he is. If you didn't see the rest of the family, you might be lead to believe he is 1/2 African American. My mom has olive skin, too. Yet, the other brother is fair with blue eyes. Funny thing, we are all in the same family. But, there's been a lot going on in the gene pool between the great beginning and now.

So, perhaps we have evolved in some way, shape or form. Not from apes.... Survival of the fittest is a bonified fact. It seems those with darker skin are typically closer to the equator. Wait, I just thought about Alaska. That doesn't fit. Not to be a smarty pants

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit