If Creationism is true explain races.

by DeViL DriVeR 76 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DeViL DriVeR 76
    DeViL DriVeR 76

So the bible speaks of how multiple languages came to be in babylon with the tower of babel, you all know the story. Ok so thats the bibles view on languages but what about races? How are some people light skin others dark? How do some have round almond shaped eyes while others have slanty eyes? If we were all created from the same two people why dont we all look similar? Go to any country (excluding the USA) and a good portion of the people have similar features and skintone.

I dont know where I stand on evolution or creation but evolution is teh only thing that explains race, we adapt to our environment. Whats your thoughts? It's just hard for me to trust a book thats starts off in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth goes on and on and forgets to mention key things like dinosaurs for instance.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

well you see, some got sunburned and with time this became hereditary... with enough time out of the sun, there will no longer be any black people....

either that one or "god knows best"

those are probably the best responses the apologists will come up with... im excited to see what else

the infamous one

• greendawn
    greendawn

Humans have an innate ability to adapt to certain environmental situations but that doesn't change them into other species, in fact the genetic diffferences between the races are totally minimal. It's similar to hare, bears, wolves or foxes living in the arctic their fur is white to give then better camouflage in the snow.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well you see Jehovah put all dem dare Genes in a man - so when he had sex dem dare genes did the old meiotic shuffle and hey presto all the different races. Noahs sons were horn dogs ,so they had loads of kids which produced the Human race as we know it today

• undercover
    undercover
    innate ability to adapt to certain environmental situations

You mean evolution?

• poppers
    poppers

Here's the way that pastor Arnold Murray of Shehperd's Chapel explains it. All of the races were created on the 6th day, god rested on the 7th day, and on the 8th day god realized that he didn't create someone to till the earth, so that's when Adam was created. I guess even god can be a little absent minded.

• poppers
    poppers

Oh, and by the way, when god created Eve from Adam's rib he explains it like this: the "rib" of Adam represents the curve of DNA. So Eve is a clone of Adam! Gee, I wonder how that could be, the two being opposite sexes and all.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I think the races were explained as decendents of Ham, Shem(?) and Japeth(?). The sons of Noah became the different races of man. That's how I remember it being taught.

Not that I believe it, but that's the story.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Funny...this thread brings back a JW childhood memory. I was in speech class and had to give a speech on a topic. My parents made me do it on how all the races came about, it was so embarrassing, I got made fun of for weeks....I never really did understand it which is why I can't remember what I told everyone so I could post it...oh well. I look forward to reading other posters, their comments. Maybe something will jog my memory...

Nikki

• bob1999
    bob1999

Is the WTS still teaching that there is no such thing as evolution?

I do not believe that evolution is the origin of the species but evolution most certainly does take place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit