Are you still close to any of your Witness friends, who are still active?

by passive suicide 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Heather
    Heather

My BF how is my ex husbands sisterand she is still JW..........now more then before and we are still BF. I have noticed that this last year she seems more in then ever before...but she doesn't treat me any different. Her cong is very laid back and she was always encouraged a ways back when she had a smoking problem and other stuff.....so she has lots of friends there that are supportive of her being an unwed single mom. I guess if I was in her situation I would probably stay in just for all the help she gets. She knows my background and what i've been through and doesn't judge me for my desicion. Her sister on the other hand is out...never baptized...but we don't have the same conection....still have some great conversations though.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

There is one female friend I have known since 1968. She has always kept up with me. In my opinion she is no longer a witness but she seems to believe she is so I guess she is.

She used to call me occasionally to catch up. Several months ago I started telling her some of the things I had learned here on JWD. She has not called me since. I did follow up with a few emails directing her to specific threads here and she didn't respond.

About a week ago I sent her the link to the news article about the 16 settlements on the court cases. She responded with a "Thanks, that was interesting." She still forwards me lots of silly emails but no more phone calls.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Yes, one girl I've known for years. She's a good person, she's only 27 and raising her husbands sisters kid. She has 2 little ones of her own also, so I like to have her come over when ever I get that "baby bug". Nothing like 3 little kids running all over the place to cure that right up ;)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i have some who if i meet will still pass the time of day

and some who will go for coffee

but you run out of stuff to say cos i don't do the criticism thing to them.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Nope. Nothing in common.

Besides they wouldn't want to hang around me because I am demonize ... no or is it I'm gay ... hell I don't even remember what the last rumor was. teheheee

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

other than the passing hellos, i cant be bothered to pursue friendship with people who are willing to dump me because i dont believe the same thing as them!!! why would i bother?

the infamous one

• ninja
    ninja

not really and I don't blame them since I have taken up naturism round where I live.......nudey ninja

• jambon1
    jambon1

A few but I dont mention my inermost feelings to them. If I did then they would have a decision to meke.

• zagor
    zagor

Yes, my sister. Ever so often we have a fiery discussion. I think we've got our hot-blooded Mediterranean genes to thank for that lol but other than that she is more open minded than your average j-dub and is able to argue her position without running to "Reasoning" book unlike most of them. Last time she even jokingly said "agrhhh I hate you" lol but she always come back for more :) I think there is something deep down there that intrigues her. But she doesn't shun me even though sometimes creates problems for me in other ways but thats another story.

• delilah
    delilah

Only Mary.

Seriously, there is nobody who I am close with anymore, inside the truth. They've all shunned me since I left, and it's been for the best, really.

There are a few older ones, who still ask my mom about me, and they send their "love" to me, but that's about it. I don't even recognize them anymore when I'm out and about, unless my husband says" There's so-snd-so".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit