If myspace can do it....

by truthsetsonefree 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Today Myspace announced that they will be releasing the names of sex offenders using their site and delete the accounts. While this is not a perfect solution (accounts under aliases can't be linked to offenders) why can't Watchtower release their names. BECAUSE THEY DON'T F***ING CARE. That's why.

Isaac

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

That's a good idea. The WTS would then have to admit just how many they have hidden and for how many years. I'm betting it is much worse than the Catholic Church.

If only someone with half a heart at headquarters would get those files. If they are computerized....well, any hackers here????

• Navigator
    Navigator

I understand that the main reason the WTS settlled those recent sexual abuse lawsuits is so they would not have to release the Pedophile database.

• Simon
    Simon

Why can't search engines like Google and service providers pro-actively filter and catch these people?

... rather than profitting from their sick crimes as they do currently.

It's sad that when people take polititcal action or copy music then suddenly they can be quickly tracked and caught ... and yet strangely pedophiles are not chased with the same vigouor.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    It's sad that when people take polititcal action or copy music then suddenly they can be quickly tracked and caught ... and yet strangely pedophiles are not chased with the same vigouor.

Sucks doesn't it?

But that's only because nobody loses money on pedophiles. But by golly if a multimillion dollar company doesn't get paid for $0.08 worth of 1s and 0s then heads will roll.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

So you mean to tell me there is no one here with hacking skills that could find these files? No one who used to work at Bethel? Ok, I'd better stop. Probably going to get myself in a heap of trouble. Dammit...I want to see those names!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not to mention that the amount of damage from copying music is far less significant than that from abusing children. I estimate the damage at about 25 cents to $1 per song, depending on whether or not the song is current and a current money maker. Abusing children creates far worse.

I heard about the Myspace problem just last week. It took them only that long from the time the problem was brought to their attention until they were doing something about it. They will be removing any known pedophile from the system. By contrast, Jehovah's Witnesses have been knowing about this for many years. Silentlambs has been up since at least 2003, 4 years ago, and there has been a problem for longer than that. And yet they have yet to do anything about it except deny that there is a problem.

Hmm. Worldly organization: One week from hearing about it to action being done to rid the system of it. Jehovah's "clean" organization: Four years from a major embarrassing web site being put up exposing the problem, and still nothing done except protecting the organization.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    So you mean to tell me there is no one here with hacking skills that could find these files?

I'd bet that these are paper files with the keys now strictly controlled.

Isaac

• greendawn
    greendawn

The two witness rule reveals their whole policy on the issue, they don't want to seriously tackle the problem, they have a hidden agenda on the issue they often don't give the real reasons of their policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit