Hate crime affects everyone...

by avishai 24 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

A few weeks ago, I was coming home from having a beer with my bro. when I started having a minor seizure and he had to hold me up. 5-7 guys in the parking lot started calling us faggots. My bro. then said "Geez he's my brother, we're not gay, leave us alone." They jumped us anyway, hitting us, kicking us and beating us with belts. Long story short, they got away before the ops showed, and he ended up with ten stitches in his forhead, I had ten staples in the back of my scalp.

And GWB wants to scuttle the Matthew Shepard law.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thats awful! I can't imagine being in a place where people were so regressive they weren't in touch with their feminine side! I hope you are recovering well. I thought such places only existed in the Middle East!

What is the Mathew Sheparrd law?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Avishai - that's a terrible experience - hope you've made/are making a good recovery.

Crumpet - I just had to Google 'Matthew Shepard law', but it's better you do too, rather than me try and explain, lol.

• delilah
    delilah

That is disgusting, Avishai. I hope you both are recovering ok. Were you able to give a description to the police? I hope they are found and punshed severely.

Delilah

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

A - god that is terrible! I am really sorry. How brave of them - 5 to 7 guys onto 2. I hope you both are going to be ok, but your poor brother is going to have a scare as are you right?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh Avi~ I am so sorry my friend. I cannot stand people on a regular basis. You and your brother are some of the nicest people about and hearing this just brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful that it did not wind up as Matthew Shephards situation did. So very thankful. You know I lived up ther ein Wyoming for a long time and not far from when that happened. It was terrible. I cannot believe the mentality of people.

I do hope you and your brother are ok. I really do.

Once again...freaking idiots. Both the sons of bitches who did this to you...and the people that want to change the laws about. Did you by chance get any info on the guys who did this? Can you prosecute them?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

(((((((((Avishai)))))))))))) Dammit I'm so so sorry to hear about this. I can't tell you the number of people that have told me that hate laws are unnessary because this is no longer a problem in the United States. In fact that is the argument all over radio talk shows on the conservative side. It makes me absolutely sick to think that ANYone is getting beat up for this, gay or straight.

Sherry

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Avishai:

I am sorry this happened to you and I hope you are recovering. This is a perfect example not just of a "hate crime" but the fact that what you are seeing is not always what you think it is.

Best wishes,

LHG

• Mum
    Mum

I hope the police are still trying to find these thugs. Did you or your brother get a good look at any of them, a vehicle they had, clothing, etc.?

The worst crimes are hate crimes such as this one and "love" crimes, usually involving domestic violence. Men and women (mostly the latter) are too often harmed, maimed or killed by people who "love" them.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and finding the criminals.

Regards,

SandraC

• BFD
    BFD

Avishai, I am so sorry to hear this happened. I hope your recovery is going well.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit