How do/did you imagine Armageddon will/would be?

by JH 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JH
    JH

And how do/did you imagine it would start.

I say, it would start a big cloud in the sky

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I always pictured it from the sky, too, only firey lightning striking all the bad people, buildings and mountains collapsing, earthquakes and tidal waves and JWs just in Paradiz with no aftermath of Armageddon.

• heathen
    heathen

I felt for the longest time that it would start with a a nuclear war on earth but now believe that armageddon is a spiritual warfare between the seeds and has actually been going on since the first century , the saints and church battle against the satanic elements of the world , the forces that oppose the kingdom preaching work are destroyed on the great day of God Almighty .

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

It would be just like all those idiotic Craptower magazine pictures of death and destruction, immediately followed up by Paradiz on Earth, with no interuption in between. Just snap, crackle, pop, and just as quick as you could eat a bowl of rice crispies, Armageddon would be over, all the bad people would be gone, and earth would be transformed into a jw pedohile paradise. STupid! Very, very stoopid.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Exactly like the purple-ink pictorial spread in the Paradise Lost book.

That little girl clutching her dolly as she fell into the earth-crack was ME.

~Sue

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was taught from the Revelation book that Armageddon would involve fissures opening up from the Earth to swallow people up, and hailstones weighing a talent each hitting people. And a talent (depending on which talent you use) could weigh 45, 62 1/2, or 96 pounds. That is a lot of weight--and the terminal velocity of those talents could reach 180 MPH. That would kill anyone hit by the hailstones.

• Purza
    Purza

I never really thought about it too much. Always thought it would start with an earthquake. After that I figured god would take care of it.

What an idiot I was.

Purza

• themonster123
    themonster123

I think I was most scared of the persecution-Imagined it would be something like Nazis time-w/ torture and all that-more scared of the actual torture/persecution I thought was going to happen from all the evil people-not so much of the natural disasters, which Jehovah was going to save me and my loved ones from............

THe thought of Armageddon (if it were real, but it's not) is literally the scariest thing in the world>>>>>>>>>>

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I tried VERY HARD not to think about it! It scared the daylights out of me....and not because I feared being struck down....but MORE for what I would have to SEE happening all around me as the WT publications liked to point out in living (loving?) color! I cry when a squirrel gets hit in the road----and could not IMAGINE seeing all those neighbors and such...be struck right where they were standing!!!

I DID tend to think it would come from the sky.....and I WAS frightened more than I care to admit even NOW---about the persecution that they drummed into our heads where we would be subjected to all sorts of cruel and inhuman acts because WE were of course.... "God's people". When we were told about those JWs in Malawai who were tied to anthills with FireAnts, and how they were force-fed laxatives and made to march up and down the village streets....and the tortures and rapes, etc that were all "part of the game"...I sometimes wondered if it was better to find a way to end it all by myself BEFORE any of this happened.

We were continually reminded that we were "happy people", but frankly, I don't recall to many "happy" moments or even ones to look forward to---until AFTER the Big A was all over, and AFTER all that super clean-up detail was accomplished....all having to bury all those dead and decaying bodies that we would recognize from our own neighborhoods.....(shudder)

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

With Jehovah God directly intervening via every natural disaster imaginable, all at once, to destory the human race, save for the handful of faithful, a very small number of people. (Matthew 7:13-14)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit