rude people at the door

by BR25 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BR25
    BR25

Why you were part of the jw faith and you were by yourself at a persons door ,who was really rude toward you, did you ever say anything nasty back instead of saying have a nice day? Also did you ever want to just knock someone out? Any experiences or thoughts of what you wanted to do?

• Arthur
    Arthur

I can remember wanting to knock out my field service partners.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

heh heh heh... the memories are coming back.

Yeah, I had some real jerks at the door.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember one of the first doors I knocked on. The guy comes to the door, and says "Not Interested". On his way back, I hear him muttering rather loudly "Those f$#%ing Jehovah's Witnesses!" Of course, there is the danger that he could have changed and joined at a later time, and then saved a whole state or region from certain apostasy (I hope that didn't happen; I would rather have the swearing and non-interest).

Usually, the person just yells "Not Interested!" from upstairs. I always like when that happens, since that is one less call I have to go on. What I hated was when we got in and spend an hour or more discussing one point after another. Those interminable calls were worse than the rude ones.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Calling on really devout Pentecostals was the worst. Oy Vey!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I had a few rude ones, but I think they had the right to be abrupt - we
    weren't there because they'd invited us.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the Born agains were the hardest to win. Why? They kept going to Ephesians 2:8 and 9 and using that to prove that works are not essential for salvation, and you cannot buy your way into the "new order" by going from door to door.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I always wanted to say to the ones who didn't even let you speak 'I'm sorry sir, we were just about to deliver your lottery winnings to you. Too bad you failed the final test.'

And the Pentecostals were the freakiest! They always behaved like my stoner mates from way back! Wide eyes, wouldn't stop talking and making no sense. (Not that I made much sense either)

• kifoy
    kifoy

I and a sister came to one house on a "vacant district" (I don't know the English term) one summer, and the owner threatened to sick his dog on us. We turned around of course, didn't run, but it was pretty close. And I think he let go of the dog (big and scary) just before we reached the gate.

That was pretty nerve-wracking, you might say.

On the other hand, we've had some pretty rude JW's on our door, too.

kifoy

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I can remember wanting to knock out my field service partners.

Yea, that would happen many times with me too. The things they would say sometimes! Man they were a lot of stupid ones!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit