What Do You Call God?

by sweet pea 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Having prayed to 'Jehovah' all my life I feel a little strange right now as whenever I use that name I think of being a witness and I don't really want to have those associations. Also it seems that friends and family think its a big deal that the Borg has taught us God's name and we ought to be eternally grateful to them for that alone! However, I have suddenly realised that even though my mother has a 'name' I always call her mum and would never dream of calling her by her 'name' as I wouldn't feel as close to her, so I starting to just call my creator my heavenly father - I do know a Christian who calls God 'daddy' but that is just a step too far for me just now.... Thoughts?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I can't use that word on this board!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It depends on how deep the shxt Im in is.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The way He promises such grand things in my life, backs down on His promise, and then expects me to act as if He had fulfilled it anyways, I have a new word for Him:

BAGHEAD

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

He Who Is Mysteriously Absent

• Undecided
    Undecided

Unknowable.

Ken P.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I can't use that word on this board!

Doesnt it rhyme with hunt? LOL. G

• golf2
    golf2

In my culture, when the word is translated (saw/qwa/ya/dism, not exact spelling) into English, it is, "One who made us". Even in casual conversation the word has meaning, depth to it. It is not taken lightly.
    How about using the other Hebrew names if your not comfortable with the present one?

Golf

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Doesnt it rhyme with hunt? LOL.

I can't think what you mean there Gary.

On topic: I call God "Mother" or "Lady". If I use a name, just at the moment it is "Morrigan".

I also use "Father" but less often. Just my own preference.

Sirona

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    On topic: I call God "Mother" or "Lady". If I use a name, just at the moment it is "Morrigan".

Batty! And I love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit