Is is easier to fade if you are the husband or the wife?

by wings 24 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

I hope this brings up the "arrangement of submission" question to you. As the wife of an unbeliveing husband, you submit to everything except the things that go against your service to Jehovah. As the husband of an unbeliving wife, you are kind and considerate and love her like yourself. No submitting involved.

So. When you push the inside-out button...the unbelieveing wife of a believeing husband needs to pretend to submit to everything, except the things that go against her own conscience. While the unbelieveing husband of a believeing wife can just bide his time as long as he allows her to attend meetings and serve Jehovah.

I am interested in your comments.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If both were very active, I would say the sudden change or gradual change would be
    easier for a husband to pull off. He's the spiritual head of the family. He can do what
    he wants, spiritually, and not explain it, or he can say he doesn't want to get strengthened
    by more study or whatever. He can say he has doubts and will deal with them.

A wife is subordinate in the JW's faith. He must "save" her from the evil devil. He must
    do all that is humanly possible for her to get over her doubts. He might insist on
    studying more together, sending the elders over to talk with them both, making her go
    to JW meetings.

She might have to feign illness to get out of stuff. She might have to leave on pretend
    field service to get out of real field service. He might do those things, but also might
    choose not to lie about them.

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

If my husband had quit instead of me, it would have been much easier. When the wife is weak and fades away, it makes him look bad. That adds a whole new spin on it IMO.

• moshe
    moshe

A brother whose wife falls away gets little sympathy at the KH, on the other hand a wife with an inactive/fading husband can get lots of sympathy and support.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Fading is never easy under any circumstances..

if one spouse choses to fade while the other is active.. yes.. it would be harder.. I don't think it matters which you are.. the husband or the wife

• wings
    wings

twinflame2, what's an IMO? Thanks for the comment.

• wings
    wings

moshe, good comment...because the weight of responsibility falls on the husband.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

never easy.... but i think the wife would have a harder time if the husband is active...

the infamous one

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    what's an IMO?

I don't know all the abbreviations but

IMO = "in my opinion"

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If both mates are not in the troof . Call uneven yoke and throw the book out the window!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit