This forum using same type of thinking as Jehovahs Witnesses?

by AirDuster 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Also, I still think the Society for the most part believes whole-heartedly what they are teaching. If not, why wouldn't they make it more mainstream to appeal to more people and make thus make larger profits? Anyone have any evidence that points to the contrary of my thoughts on this?

No offense intended. In my opinion it is a deeply flawed message. Most Christian religions concentrate on Christ message and the improvement of ones self, living in todays society. WTS concentrates on Armeggedon, this world is not the real world, and follow my rules if you want to live forever. My MIL has wasted her entire life waiting for the end to come.

Adventist religions aren't appealing to the majority of people. The WTS probably couldn't pick up more people if they wanted. They know that, so they do as they wish with the R&F that they have.

• heathen
    heathen

True this forum is for debate but there are also alot of non believers that do like to harrass some posters , we do welcome any discussion of the WTBTS belief system , the WTBTS has demonized this site as also the entire web besides it's own site. The demonz don't haunt their site............

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

I like bashing the WTS. It's my right as an American. Dubya has porkified the booties of the Ameircanated peoples to some extenuous extent by minisculing our Constitutional rights, but so far we still have the right to bash the religion of our choice. I choose the religion that porkified my booty. Tit for tat. Tata. Martin

Also, I still think the Society for the most part believes whole-heartedly what they are teaching. If not, why wouldn't they make it more mainstream to appeal to more people and make thus make larger profits? Anyone have any evidence that points to the contrary of my thoughts on this

Those that really believe in what they are "teaching" should have no qualms about subjecting such teachings to scrutiny based on independent evidence, yet the Society disfellowships those who dare to openly subject their "teachings" to scrutiny. Additionally, the Society's admonitions against higher education are not the hallmarks of those who believe in what they "teach"; they are obviously afraid that the critical thinking skills one develops in college will result in a decline in the number of individuals constituting the "great crowd," and a corresponding decline in revenues.

If you think they actually believe the BS they preach, take a look at the amicus brief the Society filed in the Supreme Court case of Jimmy Swaggart Ministries v. Board of Equalization of California (493 U.S. 378 (1990)), a brief that advocated the legal position of Jimmy Swaggart in the underlying litigation. In that brief, the Society lied to the Court by claiming that "[e]very one of Jehovah's Witnesses is an active door-to-door minister, preaching the good news of God's Kingdom to willing listeners and offering printed sermons in the form of religious tracts, pamphlets, magazines, books and Bibles for a suggested nominal contribution." (emphasis added). They had to know that not "every" JW is an active door to door minister, yet they included that false statement in their brief anyway. The UN scandal is another example of the Society's dishonesty, and I bet that greater than 95% of the JWs are unaware that while the Society bashed the UN, they were secretly a NGO member of it. The Society's dishonesty is documented, for those willing to open their eyes and take a look at it. There are other examples as well, but given the Society's dishonesty on these issues, how can you reasonably believe that they actually believe the rubbish they preach?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit