Nothing.

by Narkissos 55 Replies latest jw friends

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

what I mean is I'm amazed at how much my thinking has been influenced by these sorts of discussions

Great to hear I'm not the only one. This is a very very great thread. Keep posting Narkissos and slimboyfat!

• Narkissos
  • d
    d

This is true we are nothing. We are a small speck of dust in this vast empty universe, but at the same time this is uplifting in the sense you can become whom you have always wanted to be.

• d
    d

We live in a empty universe and we are small specks of dust and just simple atoms. We have no grand purpose but you make your own purpose.

• d
    d

This is true in the begining we believed in nothing only to our nothing filled with something.

• mindseye
    mindseye

What a cool thread. Nothing is what everything's about right now. Taoism and Zen Buddhism is where it's at (nothing, that is).

When breaking away from the JW narrative, like many I swung towards the rationalist counternarrative. "New" atheists, etc. I have friend who's an ExJW, and he's going through the same thing, he's a big fan of Ayn Rand. But I've realized this is just another narrative, and can even become a fundamentalism. It falls into another dualism.

But real bliss came through reading some Zen and the Tao Te Ching (and Zhuangzi). The practice of zazen (zen mediation) helps too. The sort of letting go of all these narratives, and just . . . being (and nonbeing).

The postmodernists were a big help too, the western approach to deconstructing narratives. And phenomenologists like Heidegger (once I got over the fact that he was a freak'n Nazi) had a lot to say about direct experience. Oh yeah, and negative theologians.... Yes all of these can become other narratives to. But it is what they point to that it is all about (nothing).

Anyway this is getting to be too big of a post to be about nothing, thanks for the thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit