WHAT IS BIGGEST TRUTH IN THE TRUTH?

by badboy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Their explanation of why God permits evil.

• proplog2
    proplog2

I agree with Almost Atheist. Humans and Anmials are souls. Humans don't have a soul. I don't think JW's even understand how significant that is.

They also maintain a pretty good neutrality when it comes to going to war and killing their enemies.

Their stand on those two issues make them far and away the most Christian religion on earth.

All their other problems are about the same as any organized religious group.

• press any key
    press any key

I read an article in the Awake on sewing machines that was probably 100% true.

cheers

pak

• Gill
    Gill

There's always a little truth in the Watchtowers. That's what is so clever about them. If you mix a little truth with a lot of lies that is the best way to confuse people and convince the dimwits amongst us who refuse to research what they're told to believe!

There was a truthful article on dentistry the other month! The rest was BS!!!

• jeanV
    jeanV

w91 12/1 p. 7 Is Any Religion Good Enough?
    A religion that teaches lies cannot be true.

ts chap. 5 p. 46 What Is This Thing Called “Soul”?
    Knowing these things, what will you do? It is obvious that the true God, who is himself “the God of truth” and who hates lies, will not look with favor on persons who cling to organizations that teach falsehood. (Psalm 31:5; Proverbs 6:16-19; Revelation 21:8) And, really, would you want to be even associated with a religion that had not been honest with you?

• heathen
    heathen

Another thing I can agree with is that the end of the world as we know it is imminent but yet to be seen.

• Terry
    Terry

Jehovah's Witnesses don't deal in Truth. They deal proficiently with HALF-truth.

Which is to say they deal in half-lies.

The take away something and then fill in the "hole" with something worse.

For example:

1. Constantine's Roman authority over-rode the early True Church and allowed the Catholic Church to prevail.

That is half-true. The full truth is that there was no "True Church" ever on the face of the earth. How do we know this? Because history shows nobody ever agreed on anything! Factions fighting factions, splinter groups fighting splinter groups, Jews against jews and proselytes against proselytes was the order of the day. Constantine's official hand of power against arianism, for example, was temporary. He changed his view constantly! First one group was banished, then, the banished group was in favor and the first group kicked out.

2.The Bible was tampered with but Jehovah preserved enough Truth for Jehovah's organization to see the path of righteousness.

That is a half-truth. The Bible was always in flux as word-of-mouth stories, legends, opinions, arguments and re-tellings got put down in writing. Scribes often could not even READ the words they were copying. Scribes changed things: adding or deleting to strengthen views in favor of and against certain groups. Tens of thousands of errors, additions and omissions render the BIBLE as anything but the inspired word of Almighty God .

3.There was always one group preserving pure worship.

Half-Truth. There were always groups around who THOUGHT they had pure worship and were ready to burn the church of they other christian group who disagreed. Early Christianity was violent, inbred and ever ready to indulge in fanaticism to prevail. Hundreds of writings were burned, banned, impugned and debated which demonstrates this to be a fact.

4.The light grows brighter and brighter until the day is established.

Half-truth. The interpretation of doctrines is declared to be brighter. But, you could get whiplash watching the flip-flops christianity and Jehovah's own faithful and discreet slave have gone through over the years. They are always eager to justify every error they make and clamp down harder so as to oppress the fact they are 100% wrong in their predictions.

5. We are truly living in the Last Days because world events demonstrate what Jesus prophecy foretold.

Half-truth. For 2,000 years very bright, honest and convinced Christians have looked at their own day and time and seen in world events the very same fact: they were the ones Jesus spoke about as living in End Times!

The fact of the matter is this. The events Jesus spoke about are so unspecific as to be completely without value for identifying anything. Do a Google search on End Times and you'll have more than enough proof.

6.The Watchtower Society does an important work and demonstrates the True Religion because it has love among the brothers.

Half-true. They love you until you have personal needs. They do an important work in placing printed materials with bored householders to fill the coffers in Brooklyn with ammunition. But, when you examine the failed predictions all through the years from 1879 to present there is nothing substantial being delivered to the door. Familes find the "brotherly love" vanishes like a mirage when you need help the most or when you have honest questionings that involve the power of the elite. Then, you are locked out of the family gathering and left to rot.

The Biggest Truth the Jehovah's Witnesses have is that they must "work out their salvation with fear and trembling". That is fully true. Only......there is no salvation in any of it. So, I guess I only told a half-truth. My bad.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"We are just imperfect men."

Boy, you can that again!

PS. Okay, is it just me or does anyone else kinda miss Terry's man-boobs?

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Okay, is it just me or does anyone else kinda miss Terry's man-boobs?

Yeah, it's just you. ;-)

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit