WHAT IS BIGGEST TRUTH IN THE TRUTH?

by badboy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY IDEAS?

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized.... Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old,...

J. F. Rutherford, Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, pp. 89, 90.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Ecclesiastes 12:12

"As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh"

This Scripture came to mind when I heard about the Witnesses having to cut out and glue all of those revisions into their Revelation Climax books.

• badboy
    badboy

WHO ARE YOU?, is that the biggest truth here is?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

They teach that the human body is everything that a person is, there is no separate spirit that co-exists with it. I believe that's true.

They believe that a person that doesn't go to every meeting, doesn't study, and attends college is more likely to leave their religion. I think they're right about that.

They aren't Young-Earthers, they accept that the earth is billions of years old. Though that seems to disagree with the Bible, I think they have that fact right.

Dave

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    WHO ARE YOU?, is that the biggest truth here is?

Yes, because when Christ returned "invisibly" in 1914 and looked upon Satan's wicked world, he chose a group of men that were doing his will. What was being taught by that group then should be as important today as it was then. Millions Now Living Will Never Die should be enshrined in the JW Hall of Fame to share with the world as evidence of the glorious gems of wisdom that Christ so easily identified.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"For there is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity." -- Ecclesiastes 3:19

"Religion is a snare and a racket." - Joe Rutherford 3:16

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Religion is a snare and a racket.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Religion is a snipe and a rocket... er... a salad dressing and a hair gel... a sliderule and a hammer... a party girl and a longshoreman... an invertebrate and a monocot... AH! ...a waste of time!

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

None, it was structured on human ignorance by power seeking men, bent on building a kingdom of their own......they succeeded

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit