HOW TO UNDERSTAND THE TRINITY and the DUAL NATURES OF CHRIST :-)

by FireNBandits 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• needproof
    needproof

FireNBandits, I apologize. Actually I read the comments of others and decided to pipe up with my own opinion, clearing missing your intentions in this post. Once again, apologies, and have a great weekend.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The Nicene-Chalcedonian package owes most of its precious wealth to earlier forms of "high Christology" which were, in one way or another, Gnostic-like; i.e., the god-man myth was meaningful only inasmuch as it was our story -- the revelation of our "spiritual," "divine" or "supra-divine" nature, origin and end. Once severed from this hermeneutical setting (which made theology, christology and anthropology one single issue) it couldn't help but degenerate into the speculative description of imaginary "objects out there," in heaven or in history -- an "ontological Trinity" which had nothing to do with us in se on the one hand, and a kind of nice "God-man" monster on the other hand who was neither entirely like "God" nor entirely like us. Only through some mystical approach which allows one to perceive the "Trinity" or the "hypostatic union" from inside, as it were, does the picture make sense again as a mode of self-understanding. And it is just what it was originally about.

• theMadChristian
    theMadChristian

Needproof wrote:You stupid fool read your history; the early church fathers WROTE Jesus teachings - you are just beginning to ramble now and hit and run with your comments, which is clearly destroying your character on here. Mad replies: It's an honor to be called a fool...by YOU! Hmmm Constantine? Origen? Who do YOU think wrote the book of Revelation- the first Pope, or do you bother to actually READ the Bible?

• theMadChristian
    theMadChristian

Bigdreaux wrote: mad, you yourself said it. why listen to the ramblings of your enemies. soooooooooo what the hell are you on here for. although we are not your enemy, i'm sure you see us as such. can you clarify? Mad replies: Why cointelly, my friend; the enemies are the clergy. alt I'm here to learn & try and focus all on what the BIBLE says- not the Clergy Dogma of the ages that has brought about the Crusades, the Sapnish Inquistion, the wiping out out the South American cultures, and clergy blessing both sides of the world wars- telling the troops that God was with them (Nazis, Americans, Italians, etc.) Agape, the Mad JW

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Who do YOU think wrote the book of Revelation

I think it's painfully obvious by now that it wasn't anyone remotely related to JW's in thought pattern or interpretation.

You Mad Man

• theMadChristian
    theMadChristian

Fireandbandits wrote: Mad Christian...You missed the point othe post. That's kinda...sad. If you recall (if you don't recall, just re-read the first sentence) I said I'm not a Trinitarian. I also said I consider the whole thing to be mythology. My purpose was to help folks open their poorly operating minds...yours comes to mind...and demonstrate how one Being could be manifest as three persons yet really be only one person. Please quote your Bible to someone else, I really don't care. Or, better yet, ignore my posts unless you're going to try to actually UNDERSTAND them rather than scurry along looking for some rerason to quote a bible verse at someone.

Mad replies: Yowza! My apology! I was commenting on the reasoning YOU were commenting on- not you yourself! Sometimes it's late when I do this, and the tiny little brain keeps saying " I think I can, I think I can"!

Agape,

the Mad Christian/JW/One

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

mad, congratulations, you've finally admitted you have a tiny brain. i think this is a big step for you. congratulations. i am so happy you've had this revelation. who did write that? lol and, your tiny 'lil brain missed that i was referring to your beloved "governing body" and all the fools that follow it.

• Terry
    Terry
    The Nicene-Chalcedonian package owes most of its precious wealth to earlier forms of "high Christology" which were, in one way or another, Gnostic-like; i.e., the god-man myth was meaningful only inasmuch as it was our story

Indeed! We were on the verge of discovering we invented God in our image! Amazing we can hide this from ourselves so easily.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi NeedProof. Your comment is fine. You're not off into the ozone or all geeked up over nothing. -Martin

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi NeedProof. Your comment is fine. You're not off into the ozone or all geeked up over nothing. -Martin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit