What "Christian Rock" would you recommend?

by AlmostAtheist 35 Replies latest jw friends

• bluebell
    bluebell

you could always try some of brother princes new stuff! lol never listened myself but when i was in my dub friend bought a cd with a song called the rainbow children in it?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah you're right it's not really worship music but is christian in nature . Without the worship intent . I'd suggest sampling some of it before buying it .

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hi dave!

you bring out an important point about getting over JW thinking. i mean, are we mature enough to read a book or listen to a song that contains thoughts that we disagree with philosophically? because there are some great books and songs out there.

there's a sect of judaism called rastafari. they heavily promote this very catchy gospel music called reggae, lol.

i would recommend Lee "Scratch" Perry, especially during his Black Ark years in the late 70's. he put an album out called "super ape". man, dat stuff be off da hook. he's basically considered the father of dub, and had a big influence on marley.

for some more modern rootsy-dub-dancehall type sound systems, i totally recommend Mighty Crown. their Side A Mix album, or Crown Jugglaz Warrior Attack are great listens. they might be hard to find in stores, but i'd try searching online for mp3's.

peace my bruva from anotha muva!

tetra

• GentlyFeral
  • troucul
    troucul

SLAYER!!!!

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

The David Crowder Band, Mercy Me, Kutless, Bebo Norman (yes, that is his real name)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit