Incredibly aggressive email I received from a JW

by jwfacts 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Jwfacts - sorry for that nasty bit of incoherant slop the Jw apologist served up - I just now am looking at this thread.

Need I remind you again, said;

They haven't done me any wrong, accept for their man made policies which I didn't care for. They might not be everybody's favorite religion, and that's the right of the people to have their choices of spiritual pathways, but dispite popular opinion, they're still, ragardless of what you guys say, one of the most organized and disciplined religions I have experienced.

Now, mind you, I have not followed the entire thread here NIRYA. But I assume that you are excusing the Jw religion with a broad stroke here, correct?

You state they have done you no wrong? Is an intentional effort to take away personal thought, research, and intelligent debate about religion the Bible and the nature of God, not considered a disservice in your mind? As one of Jehovah's Witnesses [I dare expect for far longer than you have been one];

• I was robbed of intellectual propriety, required to believe a set of dogmatic doctrine that promoted not the good of man, but the hidden agenda of a billion dollar book sales club.
    • I was expected to believe and to preach that the end was coming in 1975, then practically around the corner ever since that date failed.
    • I was told that I could not speak with my own daughter due to sins for which she had been disfellowshipped, leveling an idiotic assumption that I was not mature enough to resist the potential gravity of her sinful life, and needed protection. For God's sake - she had sex without being married - nothing more or less. She was no danger to me or my integrity. And I was her father, the one she was supposed to turn to at times of need. At the time she needed the most support to get over 'normal human adolescent confusion and hormonal overkill' I was supposed to treat her as if she was 'dead'. Likely, unless they were already brainwashed Jw's at the time, the very same self-righteous bastards who judged her were doing the fornication trot themselves at her age.
    • I forsook education, career, home, family, travel, life in general, while waiting for a fictional 'New Order' to arrive.
    • Then they just dropped the bottom out of the bucket with the '1914 Generation', the prop that held it all together. And didn't blink!
    • I drove rusty buckets, lived in rentals, planned moves to the area of 'greater need', spent 100 hours a month for years as a pioneer, neglected my family to care for 'congregational duties', cleaned toilets due to lack of education, and prayed nightly that Jehovah would forgive me for my doubts.

And that's just the tip of the iceburg my friend. To say that the Watchtower Book Sales Club is organized as an excuse for it's lies and corruption and mental control of 6 million souls who hope they will not be bird food sometime soon for failing to sell enough Watchtowers is among the most ludricrous of statements one could make while this side of the Eastside Mental Clinic.

Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot were highly organized. The Watchtower itself credits that even Satan is highly organized. To excuse the pain and destruction of the lives they have impacted with such shallow reasoning is incredible to me.

This is no attack on you NIRYA - your silly comments just sparked a little rant in me. I have not ranted much in this vain for a while. I assume that not too long ago I resided in the same place you are - I just hope a little real light will get in to you before you waste too many more days excusing the devastation that this religion has left in it's wake and wash.

Jeff

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ick, sorry to hear it. It reads like the writing of a young teenager. If it is the work of an adult, they haven't read a single thing since preschool. Don't let it bother you. I think you actually got through to them, because they're not dismissing what you have said as wrong. It will be one little thing that they might not fully comprehend, but they'll remember that the witnesses were wrong about something.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    I was told that I could not speak with my own daughter due to sins for which she had been disfellowshipped, leveling an idiotic assumption that I was not mature enough to resist the potential gravity of her sinful life, and needed protection. ...And I was her father, the one she was supposed to turn to at times of need. At the time she needed the most support

AK thanks for revealing so much about yourself. The above quote is such an important concept and one of the key areas that the WTS destroys lives, families are supposed to be the ones to turn to at times of need, not the ones that turn their back on each other. I would love to use this quote on my site.

NIRYA - Don't rob the happiness that resides in other JWs.

That is a concept that I struggle with. How many JWs are there that may be better off in than out? How far should one go to try to make a JW see the light?

Sass, you are right, he will remember it and who knows when it will come back to him and all make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit